Red Dot Scopes

R

Rockhopper

I've had a significant loss of sight in my dominant eye recently and I'm relegated to wearing contacts. I've tried to shoot traditional open sights with them but I'm having a tough time adjusting to keeping my eye open that long. Has anyone tried a rod dot scope and had success ? I'm really against it but I'm afraid if I don't try it I'll have to revert back to the rifle hunt, in which case i might as well quit hunting as far as I'm concerned.

Rockhopper,

If you are against it then you may not want to go with a red dot scope.... I have had one on my gun for quite a while and I love it. In Utah you can't have a magnified scope so it isn't much different than open fiber-optic sights. You still have to use your bino's to see what you are shooting at. Anyway...if you are looking into a red dot some good brands are Tasco and Millot. I have a Millot on my gun and I love it.

Hope that helps..
Inmysights

Ditto with inmysights comments. I also use a millet red dot scope and i wouldn't have it any other way.

cabinfever

I have a millet on my knight disc rifle. I love it, the nice thing about them is that you can change the size of the dot for different conditions or different eye strengths. They don't cost an arm and a leg either. Sportsmans wharehouse here in utah has them for 89.99
DeadI
wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif

I'm using a Intovative Technology scope, sold in Cabela's under archery equipment.
The manufactur live in Ut, and I bought one direct.
The scopes are "Beefed" up, as to with stand Bow and arrow shock.
Bows have a lot more shock than rifles, and muzzleloaders shooting 150grs. of powder also have a lot more shock than a rifle, that is why I use this red dot scope.
It has worked wonders, it has 11 dot sizes t choose from.

My friend has used a tasco pro point, had a problem not staying dead zero the first time around, the second scope seems to hold true.
And I have heard good stuff about the millet scope as well.
snowman

LAST EDITED ON Jun-03-03 AT 11:28AM (MST)[p] Snowman,
Please tell me more about the "direct" buying method here in Utah. I've been looking at buying the same scope, I just don't want to do it through Cabelas. If I could help a local Utah company, I would rather buy from them.

If you would rather e-mail or send it to my personal mailbox here at MM, that would be great too.

Thanks, KattSkatt

Guys...

What is the best size dot? 3 MOA? I have an early model Tasco ProPoint and the dot is so big...that is is pretty difficult to group well at 100yrds. How would a 3 MOA dot compare to a 1x scope with fine duplex? I know its user preference, but would one be able to be more precise with one then the other?

Thanks!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom