Region G

huntfishall1

Can someone explain to me why the opening date for Unit 135 is October 1st, and the other units (143, 144, 145) that comprise Region G have an opening date of September 15th? Is it just beacuse the southern portion of unit 135 is lower elvation/differnt terrain? Seems like someone hunting Region G could have two "opening" days to hunt, but with all the pressure on opening day wouldn't it make sense to have all the units with consistent opening dates to spread out the pressure a little?

I hunted 135 last year. Not sure why that is but if you archery hunt pay the extra dough and hit it sooner. Good luck !!

LAST EDITED ON May-11-10 AT 04:44PM (MST)[p]It's because there aren't enough game wardens to cover that much ground!! ;)

7 Mag

Maybe herd movement to that area. I really don't know.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

7 hit the nail on the head....that is the reason for 2 opening dates....and I don't mind at all...kind of neat to have 2 opening days in 1 year...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom