RELH, Eelgrass, you guys ok

6.4 quake! Hopefully they’re fine Damage looks pretty bad in some areas. Maybe they’re not answering because they’re getting the generator going being it knocked out electricity in most areas.

Yep, we're fine. We finally got power back last night so we can continue cleaning up.

At 2:39am the earthquake started out as a 6.4 and stayed a 6.4 for about 20 seconds. That seems short but also seems like forever. We went from scared to angry and back to scared again. LOL! All we heard was the sound of crash, bang, and the sound of breaking glass.

The power went out, so I grabbed my flashlight and did a walk around. Anything that wasn't bolted down or screwed down was either knocked down, tipped over or moved.

The first thing I noticed was that the refrigerator was now located about 2' from where it was. The light fixture in the ceiling of the LR was mostly laying on the coffee table in a million pieces. Books, pictures, and everything else was now on the floor. The bathroom floors were all wet from water splashing out of the tanks. The teapot on the woodstove was on the carpet empty. Every drawer in the house was pulled open. I opened the pantry door to see a pile of cans on the floor. That can wait. The TV was lying face down on the floor. Strangely, the Christmas tree was still standing. I have no idea why or how.

I went outside to check the gas meter to check for leaks and didn't smell any gas, whew! The hot water heater was still strapped down too. All good news.

I noticed a flashlight at my neighbor's house, so I walked up to check on them. Nobody hurt, so I was happy about that.

Next I went out to our detached garage. What a mess. A 4' florescent light had fallen and was laying on the top of my truck. The edge of it got wedged between the canopy and the cab. I had a heck of a time getting it out.

We decided to not start the generator and just went back to bed, after we moved the bed back. We couldn't sleep, of course. We had several aftershocks.

We're making progress. The only room we haven't got to yet is the family room. The desk top computer still has the monitor and the keyboard on the floor.

Thanks for thinking of us. You guys are all like family to me. Well, some of you anyway. ? :ROFLMAO:

Did the earthquake warm up the place?
It sure did. This morning it was 50 degrees which was just right. They call it earthquake weather. I see Anchorage is buried in snow and cooling off a little. I've never shoveled snow before, but it looks like fun.

Yeah we got a little snow:
DB3BE79B-A87A-4D82-89AB-8AE007173AFE.jpeg

Hard to tell in that pic.....and I have 2 of them....one for the backyard and one "tailgater" for the 5th wheel. They call me the baby back king of the Central Coast. Have you heard of me? My guess is you probably BBQ over mesquite flavored charcoal? And by BBQ, if you're worth anything, you know I am not talking about any part of a worthless gas grill.

Today I drove by the local waste disposal site (the dump). There was a long line of trucks waiting to get in.
Two deaths and about 12 injuries. Dozens of uninhabitable homes have been red tagged.
Already hauling off debris? Those are some fast claims adjusters....

That is a great idea in 'quake country. I'm white trash so the only thing falling out of cabinets would be the paper plates, cups and Yoohoo.

It was time to load my wood box, so I went behind the garage to the woodshed. Buried under there somewhere is a wheelbarrow. I guess I'll carry the wood by hand.:mad:

P1010411.JPG

Eel if you get up the nerve to ask her, I will tell my wife to get the spare bedroom ready as we might have a guest for a while.
On second thought, that will not work. My wife would kick both of us out in the cold.:cry:
RELH

We had another shaker a couple days ago. Just enough to keep my nerves on edge.

We've had forest fires, droughts, earthquakes, now floods.

Just waiting on that swarm of locust.

Now, that’s funny, right there, don’t care who ya are!

eel you do have my nomination for the best sense of humor, during the apocalypse.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom