Remington Model 798

hunter03

Anyone know much about the Remington Model 798? Have a brother that is looking for a reasonable priced and that is one that fits in his price range. Any info on this model would be greatly appreciated. thanks

another gun to consider would be a stevens model 200. retail around 350-360. made in the u.s.a. by savage.all of the savage rifles i have shot, were pretty good shooting guns. a lot of fun shooting groups at the range with a stevens and shoot as good or better than alot of higher priced guns. ce61

that rifle raised an eyebrow with me last year. for what its worth, the readings that i have done on it shows that its not an accurate rifle. factory loadings, only one came in around an inch, and that was with match ammo. hunting rounds went from inch and a half to two and a half. 30-06 and 270. pretty sad. i fiqured it wouldn't be to bad of a deal if you could pick one up for about a hundred bucks. thats just the info that i've run into.

It is a mauser style action that was made in Europe last year or year prior and fitted into a stock here. Initial quality wasn't as good as the 700's and they were working to upgrade it and there were some issues with stock fit. I still think it's manu. overseas for them. I can't comment on accuracy but it takes time when you have something new to learn about what makes it tick. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful on this .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom