Resizing Pics

eyeguard

Whenever I post pics, I notice that some are bigger than they need to be for viewing on MM. I know there's a way to be able to resize pics, but don't know how to do it. Anyone want to fill me in on how to do it, so it doesn't take forever for my pics to load up when you're looking at 'em? Thanks in advance.

EG

campfire2.gif
"You're welcome at my fire anytime!"

You have to open your pictures in Photoshop or some other photo altering program, not sure what you have. There is a place or toggle that lets you type in the size and resolution you want. Usually about 6-8 inches wide is plenty with 72 inch res. If you size down the pics to all the same size they will all appear equal in size here and be fairly quick to upload/view.

Thanks DK! I'll see if my software can do this.

EG

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

Thanks dakota, I'll check it out. It looks like the software I have allows you to resize pics, but only by cutting or shaving them down. Part of the pics are chopped off when "cutting it down to size." What useful purpose does that serve? I'm gonna see what I can find on the link you provided me with. I appreciate the suggestion.

Noel

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

Hey dakota, do I want to download the plugins too? Might as well huh?

EG

campfire2.gif

Downloaded it, tried it, love it! Works great! Thanks dakota.

EG

campfire2.gif

Youre welcome eyeguard, now post some damn pics for us to look at dude!

Mike
at235.gif

I hear ya man! I don't post pics near as often as I'd like (partly because I don't get out as much as I'd like, but that's nobody's problem but my own). I did post some pics of my Strawberry trip from last weekend, but they aren't anything spectacular. Just got a ton going on right now with work and school, then moving and got a baby coming all in the next month too. I'll post whenever I can though, and when I do, you'll be the first to know. =) That's one thing I have no issue with regarding this site. There's no such thing as posting too many pics, whether they are of animals, scenery, other experiences, etc. I know as a viewer, I can never see enough that's for sure! I wish some people who I personally feel talk to much on this site, would would just shutup and post more pics. Perhaps that would influence those that usually only post pics to maybe voice more as well.

EG

campfire2.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom