RESTRICTOR PLATE RACES!!!

B

bobcatbess

RESTRICTOR PLATE RACES ARE FOR WUSSIES!!!

TAKE A 900 HP ENGINE & THEN PUT A RESTRICTOR PLATE ON IT!!!

ARE WE HERE TO RACE OR PLAY FOLLOW THE LEADER???

THESE PLATE RACES ARE LIKE STACKING 43 TURTLES IN A LINE & SEE WHO FINISHES WHERE!!!

I THINK THE ONLY REASON ANYBODY WATCHES A PLATE RACE IS TO SEE THE 'BIG ONE'!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WONDERING WHY ANYBODY WOULD WANT TO PLAY FOLLOW THE LEADER FOR 500 LAPS???

I think the only driver that likes restrictor plates is Micheal Waltrip. If it wasen't for plates he wouldn't have any wins. I like watching plate races more than the boring Pocono,Fontana, Vegas ect... Where the best car usually runs away. You never know whos going to win a plate race til the very very end and we all love the big one especially when the 24 or 48 are in them. Nothing compares to Bristol.

Peakfreak is right. Obviously old Bessy does not know NASCAR very well. If you had no plates it would be an extreemly boring race. The best car would be way way out front........boring.........
I would disagree with Peak on his last point though. It is best when we get to watch that gravy training Earnhardt Jr. wreck himself..............Boogity, boogity, boogity

"We MUST Hunt"

The funniest post of all time:
The reincarnated Indian whale, Luna, was prop chopped to death by a tug boat. The tug Captain will have to live with that for the rest of his life.
ROFLMMFAO

peak!!!

YOU FORGOT TO INCLUDE # 20!!!

HE GOT JUST WHAT HE DESERVED IN THE BUSH RACE!!!

SO I GUESS YOU GUY'S LIKE WATCHING EVERY LAP WITH DAMN FEW PASSES???

I THOUGHT THE BEST CAR SHOULD BE OUT IN FRONT???

YOU GUY'S JUST LIKE THE 'BIG ONE' ADMIT IT!!!

NO WRECKS COMPARE TO THESE I'LL ADMIT THAT!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING,YOU PROBABLY LIKE THEM BETTER BECAUSE YOU CAN GO TO YOUR FRIDGE & GET ANOTHER BEER & NEVER MISS ANYTHING!!!

Bobcat,

Now what's up with picking on the 20? I realize he got what he deserved and he got on T.V and said he did. That's what's so freaking nice about Tony, he's not like half the freaking circuit that if something goes bad it had to of been someone else. If Tony screws up he says he did.

Oh and by the way he lead another lap again today, so a?????????looks like that's a Lap lead in every race so far this year. You can't deny the he is by far the best, superior, greatest and the most fun driver on the circuit today!

Restrictor cup races are like short track speed skating. You have to avoid the big one till the sprint at the end! I'm at the office, the radio is on a cruddy am station and Dale Jr's scanner is playing on my laptop.
Any restrictor plate race is better than any road course race....
JR!!!

CORY!!!

# 20 IS A REAL BALL BABY!!!

I HOPE KENNSETH KNOCKS HIM OFF THE TRACK THIS SEASON TO GET EVEN!!!

SOMEBODY WILL GET HIM,ANY BETS???

I'LL GIVE HIM THE CREDIT OF A FAST CAR BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAT PART!!!

THE ONLY bobcat HOPEING SMOKE GOES UP IN SMOKE!!!

LAST EDITED ON May-01-06 AT 09:31PM (MST)[p]No restrictor plates here!
7,000 + Horsepower!
http://www.johnforceracing.com/intro.html

Some real cool facts about top fuel dragsters & Nitro Funny Cars I stumbled across.....

---------
* One dragster's 500-inch Hemi makes more horsepower then the first 8 rows at Daytona.

* Under full throttle, a dragster engine consumes 1 1/2 gallons of nitro per second, the same rate of fuel consumption as a fully loaded 747 but with 4 times the energy volume.

* The supercharger takes more power to drive than a stock hemi makes.

* Even with nearly 3000 CFM of air being rammed in by the supercharger on overdrive, the fuel mixture is compressed into nearly-solid form before ignition. Cylinders run on the verge of hydraulic lock.

* Dual magnetos apply 44 amps to each spark plug. This is the output of an arc welder in each cylinder.

* At stoichiometric (exact) 1.7:1 air/fuel mixture (for nitro), the flame front of nitromethane measures 7050 degrees F.

* Nitromethane burns yellow. The spectacular white flame seen above the stacks at night is raw burning hydrogen, dissociated from atmospheric water vapor by the searing exhaust gases.

* Spark plug electrodes are totally consumed during a pass. After 1/2 way, the engine is dieseling from compression-plus the glow of exhaust valves at 1400 degrees F. The engine can only be shut down by cutting off its fuel flow.

* If spark momentarily fails early in the run, unburned nitro builds up in those cylinders and then explodes with a force that can blow cylinder heads off the block in pieces or blow the block in half.

* Dragsters twist the crank (torsionally) so far (20 degrees in the big end of the track) that sometimes cam lobes are ground offset from front to rear to re-phase the valve timing somewhere closer to synchronization with the pistons.

* To exceed 300mph in 4.5 seconds dragsters must accelerate at an average of over 4G's. But in reaching 200 mph well before 1/2 track, launch acceleration is closer to 8G's.

* If all the equipment is paid off, the crew worked for free, and for once NOTHING BLOWS UP, each run costs $1000.00 per second.

* Dragsters reach over 300 miles per hour before you have read this sentence.

Did you know ?

? that the nitromethane-powered engines of NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars produce approximately 7,000 horsepower, about 37 times that of the average street car?

? that one cylinder of the eight cylinders of a Top Fuel dragster or a Funny Car produces 750 horsepower, equaling the entire horsepower output of a NASCAR engine?

? that the gasoline-powered engines of NHRA Pro Stock cars produce about 1,200 horsepower, about eight times that of the average street car?

? that an NHRA Top Fuel dragster accelerates from 0 to 100 mph in less than .8-second, almost 11 seconds quicker than it takes a production Porsche 911 Turbo to reach the same speed?

? that an NHRA Top Fuel dragster leaves the starting line with a force nearly five times that of gravity, the same force of the space shuttle when it leaves the launching pad at Cape Canaveral?

? that an NHRA Funny Car is slowed by a reverse force more than seven times that of gravity when both parachutes deploy simultaneously?

? that NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars consume between four and five gallons of fuel during a quarter-mile run, which is equivalent to between 16 and 20 gallons per mile?

? that NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars use between 10 and 12 gallons of fuel for a complete pass, including the burnout, backup to the starting line, and quarter-mile run?

? that NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars travel the length of more than four football fields in less than five seconds?

? that NHRA Top Fuel dragsters can exceed 280 mph in just 660 feet?

? that from a standing start, NHRA Top Fuel dragsters accelerate faster than a jumbo jet, a fighter jet, and a Formula One race car?

? that a fuel pump for an NHRA Top Fuel dragster and Funny Car delivers 65 gallons of fuel per minute, equivalent to eight bathroom showers running at the same time?

? that the fuel-line pressure for NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars is between 400 and 500 pounds, about 20 times greater than the pressure on passenger-car fuel pumps?

? that depending on size and angle, the large rear wing on an NHRA Top Fuel dragster develops between 4,000 and 8,000 pounds of downforce?

? that the 17-inch rear tires used on NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars wear out after four to six runs, or about two miles? Some brands of passenger-car tires are guaranteed for 80,000 miles.

? that it takes just 15/100ths of a second for all 7,000 horsepower of an NHRA Top Fuel dragster engine to reach the rear wheels?

? that it's desirable for an NHRA Top Fuel dragster to race with its front wheels inches off the ground for about the first 200 feet of the run? This ensures proper weight transfer to the rear wheels, a crucial part of a good launch and quick run.

? that the nitromethane used to power the engines of NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars costs about $30 per gallon?

Sources: NHRA Communications and Technical Departments, NHRA race teams, motorsports equipment manufacturers (and boostedpimp)

Wow!!! I didn't read all of that because I know how awesome drag racing is. It's the most extreme three seconds I've experienced. Drag racing and Nascar are totally different like fishing and hunting.(Nascar being hunting)
Tony Stewart and Jimmy Johnson are the best Nascar drivers period. It ruined my day when Jimmy won. He's such a pretty boy Jeff Gordon wanna be. He must have shaved his pretty boy face during his victory lap and plucked a few brow hairs before putting on those cool shades. Tony Stewart is a serious grease monkey. Is it true he only showers and shaves once a week? He reminds me of Vlade Vivas the basketball player.
So the two best drivers are a fat harry grease monkey and future revlon pretty boy model.

HH,

I have read those facts before,it's amazing isn't it.

You can read about them and watch them on tv,but untill you see a run in person you cannot even to begin to comprehend how fast they really are.

beavis.gif

Ya got to love Top Fulers.

The F-15C has an air combat victory ratio of 95-0 making it one of the most effective air superiority aircraft ever developed.
Two P&W F100 turbofan engines in 29,000 lb (13,154 kg) thrust class with afterburning.
Speed: Mach 2.5 class 1800 mph. 5.29 times faster then the fastest top fueler.
Armament:
F-15A/B/C/D Mix of air-to-air weaponry includes: 20mm cannon, AIM-120 (AMRAAM) missiles, AIM-9 (Sidewinder) missiles, AIM-7 (Sparrow) missiles
F-15E Air-to-ground ordnance includes precision guided munitions, and a variety of missiles and bombs. Air-to-air weaponry includes cannon, four medium- and four short-range missiles.

Range 3,450 miles (3,000 nautical miles) ferry range with conformal fuel tanks and three external fuel tanks.

Rut
Women love me!! Fish shudder at the mention of my name!!
It's not the quack but the flight of the wild duck that leads the flock to destiny!!
Quack Away!!

SO WHAT YOU GUY'S ARE SAYING IS!!!

NO MATTER HOW FAST YOU THINK YOU ARE,THERE IS SOMEBODY OR SOMETHING FASTER SOMEWHERE???

SOMEBODY THAT SHOWERS ONCE A WEEK OUGHT TO BE SHOT WHEN THERES A SHOWER HANDY!!!

THE ONLY bobcat KNOWING FOR A FACT RESTRICTOR PLATES ARE FOR WWUUSSSSIIEESS,DOUBLE CAPS-LOCK!!!

LAST EDITED ON May-02-06 AT 07:07AM (MST)[p]My girl friend has a Restrictor plate!! Dose this mean she sucks? Yup

Rut

It's not the quack but the flight of the wild duck that leads the flock to destiny!!
Quack Away!!

Bobcat.

Hey Tony got put in the grass the year before at Daytona and saved it and went on to win the race!!! Is it my fault the 17 doesn't have enough skill or talent to save his car? I think not. Tony Stewart 2006 Cup Champ. 42 other guys are just hoping for second. Good luck this year Jimmie.

Bobcat,

What do you mean by restrictor plates are for wussies? Does that mean the drivers are wuss or the fans who watch them are wuss? Either way I think you're way off. That race yesterday was awesome. I did miss the slam drafting though. The best races are short tracks then restrictor plates. My favorite driver is anybody but Rousch or Hendrick.

bobcat
I was at talladega this weekend for the race. 6th year in a row that we went back for Dega. The plates make for one exciting race let me tell you. If they didnt use them with the banking on the track the cars would end up in the stands in a accident. Tony stewart did the flip right in front of us in the Bush race. If you ever want to go to a NASCAR race dega is the place to go.
Brian

YOU'RE ALL WRONG!!!

RESTRICTOR PLATES ARE FOR #USSIES!!!

NOT Ruts KIND EITHER!!!

TO WATCH A RACE THAT LONG WITH THAT FEW OF PASSES IS A JOKE!!!

FOLLOW THE LEADER!!!

IF I TRY TO PASS THEY'LL HANG ME!!!

THE GUY BEHIND ME COULD HELP BUT WON'T!!!

THIS WOULD BE LIKE PUTTING A RESTRICTOR ON ALL HUNTING RIFLES!!!

YA I'VE GOT A 460 WEATHERBY MAG BUT WITH THE NEW RESTRICTOR PLATE LAW THE BALLISTICS IT SHOOTS JUST LIKE A .22!!!

WHAT A FRICKEN JOKE!!!

HOW'D YOU LIKE YOUR WOMAN TO HAVE A RESTRICTOR PLATE,SOME OF THEM DO???

HOW'D YOU LIKE YOUR HIGH POWERED DIESEL PICK-UP IF IT HAD A RESTRICTOR PLATE???

THE ONLY bobcat NOT LIKING RESTRICTOR PLATES OF ANY KIND,THIS IS WHERE ME & EARNHART SR. AGREE WITH SOMETHING,HE HATED PLATE RACES,THE END!!!

>
>YOU'RE ALL WRONG!!!
>
>RESTRICTOR PLATES ARE FOR #USSIES!!!
>
>TO WATCH A RACE THAT LONG
>WITH THAT FEW OF PASSES
>IS A JOKE!!!
>FOLLOW THE LEADER!!!
>IF I TRY TO PASS THEY'LL
>HANG ME!!!

56 lead changes among 22 drivers. Talladega is 188 laps and Jeff Gordon led the most laps with only 62.....

Do you even know what your talking about????

Nothing like guttin' a 6x6 elk at 7:30 in the morning.

Smoke is an loudmouth crybaby pee-pants sugar-tit whiner - but I like him anyway! He is not as big a whiner as Gordon! He's a great driver when it comes down to it!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Me2Hunter!!!

THERES A HELL OF A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A LEAD CHANGE & A PASS FOR THE LEAD!!!

PLEASE INCLUDE PASSES FOR THE LEAD NEXT TIME YOU START YOUR NUMBERS!!!

I KNOW JACK!!!

I DON'T KNOW A FOTHER MUCKING THING!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING YOU'VE GOT TO BE A #USSIE TO ENJOY A PLATE RACE,BY THE WAY TONY SUCKS & STINKS,GOOD DAY!!!

What are all you rednecks going to do when Gordon passes Earnhardt Sr.in wins and becomes the winingest driver (besides the king) in NASCAR.

A good friend of mine worked for Nelson & Nelson Racing in California, which is an offroad race team and one of their drivers back in the day was the 2006 Nextel cup champ Jimmie Johnson. So I was lucky enough to meet and talk to him on a number of occasions. He is really a good down to earth guy.

The Big Ones are best when Cryin'Ryan Newmen, Kenseth, Kurt Busch and Harvick are involved. And maybe Smoke, not because I dislike him, because you don't know what hes going to do or say.

Go 48.

I'll still be a redneck and Earnhardt Sr. fan I guess. At least he wasn't accused of being a "Rainbow" warrior. Sr. despised restrictor plates. What would happen if NASCAR cut the cars loose? mtmuley

IF THEY CUT EM LOOSE???

YOU'D SEE 43 IDIOTS DOING 230 MPH!!!

I GARANTEE YOU'D SEE MORE PASSING!!!

THE 'BIG ONE' WOULD PROBABLY KILL 20 OF THEM,WE DON'T WANT THAT BUT DAMN!!!

SR. AGREED WITH ME,PLATE RACES SUCK!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING YOU BOYS JUST KEEP WATCHING YOUR #USSIE PLATE RACES!!!

>
>Me2Hunter!!!
>
>THERES A HELL OF A DIFFERENCE
>BETWEEN A LEAD CHANGE &
>A PASS FOR THE LEAD!!!
>
>
>PLEASE INCLUDE PASSES FOR THE LEAD
>NEXT TIME YOU START YOUR
>NUMBERS!!!
>
>I KNOW JACK!!!
>
>I DON'T KNOW A FOTHER MUCKING
>THING!!!
>
>THE ONLY bobcat THINKING YOU'VE GOT
>TO BE A #USSIE TO
>ENJOY A PLATE RACE,BY THE
>WAY TONY SUCKS & STINKS,GOOD
>DAY!!!

Dosnt seem like you do know bobkitty. If you go back and read your post before this one you said no passes. You didnt say there wasnt any passes for the lead. Like I said, I was there and there was plenty of passing going on. You must have been digging in the litter box and missed them all I guess. Next time Tivo the dang thing and watch again when your not on the cat nip

Elk_Nuts!!!

I'LL BET IF YOUR WIFE HAD A RESTRICTOR PLATE YOU WOULDN'T LIKE IT???

I'LL BET IF YOUR BAD-ASS PICK-UP HAD A RESTRICTOR PLATE YOU WOULDN'T LIKE IT???

I'LL BET IF ALL YOUR GUNS HAD RESTRICTOR PLATES YOU WOULDN'T LIKE THEM???

NOW Rut ADMITTED HIS GIRLFRIEND HAS A RESTRICTOR PLATE & SHE SUCKS!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WONDERING HOW THICK OF PLATE YOU HAVE IN YOUR HEAD???

Bob,

It's very clear you've had a bad expierence with restrictor plates. Sounds like you've got one for everything and that would suck. I'd hate to see a restricter plate on your 9 lives or your litter box. It's pretty clear you have no clue about Nascar and thats okay this isn't a NASCAR thread. So take all your restricter plates off so you don't have to be a wussycat yourself. By the way mabye you could install a restricter plate on your caps lock button.

>56 lead changes among 22 drivers.
>Talladega is 188 laps and
>Jeff Gordon led the most
>laps with only 62.....
>
>Do you even know what your
>talking about????
>
You are pretty funny there bobcat. Please explain to me the difference between a lead change and a pass for the lead. If you knew anything about racing in general you would know that the lead changes are only counted at the start finish line. Since Talledaga is 2.66 miles long the average person watching, ie you, doesn't realize that the lead might change 10 different times during a single lap. So 56 times the Lead changes is really not telling the true story. Keep in mind that I am only talking about this restictor plate race. And by the way, is there any reason for the name calling?
>
>
>Nothing like guttin' a 6x6 elk
>at 7:30 in the morning.
>

Nothing like guttin' a 6x6 elk at 7:30 in the morning.

HEY Cody!!!

YOUR RESTRICTOR PLATE RACES SUCK!!!

FOLLOW THE LEADER!!!

BETTER BE ON THE POLE OR YOU'RE SCREWED WITHOUT A KISS!!!

YOU'D BETTER GET A RESTRICTOR FOR YOUR GUNS SINCE YOU LIKE THEM SO MUCH!!!

4 OR 5 HUNDRED MILES OF FOLLOW ME CUZZ YOU CAN'T PASS ME & IF YOU TRY I'LL HANG YOU OUT TO DRY!!!

YOU CALL THAT A RACE???

WHY DON'T THEY INSTALL THROTTLE BLOCKS FOR WOT???

THAT WAY THEIR FOOT WOULDN'T GET SO TIRED OF TRYING TO FIND A LITTLE MORE HP THAT AIN'T THERE!!!

YOU BOYS MUST WATCH THEM FOR THE 'BIG ONE'!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THAT DOESN'T KNOW A DAMN THING,BUT I DO KNOW A GOOD RACE FROM A FOLLOW ME!!!

>
>HEY Cody!!!
>
>YOUR RESTRICTOR PLATE RACES SUCK!!!
> I don't have a resrictor plate race.
>FOLLOW THE LEADER!!!
> Don't all races follow the leader?
>BETTER BE ON THE POLE OR
>YOU'RE SCREWED WITHOUT A KISS!!!
> Name the last pole sitter who won a plate race.
>
>YOU'D BETTER GET A RESTRICTOR FOR
>YOUR GUNS SINCE YOU LIKE
>THEM SO MUCH!!!
> Sounds great where can I get one?
>4 OR 5 HUNDRED MILES OF
>FOLLOW ME CUZZ YOU CAN'T
>PASS ME & IF YOU
>TRY I'LL HANG YOU OUT
>TO DRY!!!
> 56 lead changes is hard to beat.
>YOU CALL THAT A RACE???
> Everyone but you calls it a race. Don't see anyone else crying.
>WHY DON'T THEY INSTALL THROTTLE BLOCKS
>FOR WOT??? No comprendo.
>>THAT WAY THEIR FOOT WOULDN'T GET
>SO TIRED OF TRYING TO
>FIND A LITTLE MORE HP
>THAT AIN'T THERE!!!
>Okay....
>YOU BOYS MUST WATCH THEM FOR
>THE 'BIG ONE'!!!
>You tell me I didn't watch the Busch race like you. That's where the real big one always happens.
>THE ONLY bobcat THAT DOESN'T KNOW
>A DAMN THING,BUT I DO
>KNOW A GOOD RACE FROM
>A FOLLOW ME!!!
Whats a good race? My favorite is the 100m.
Bobbi, Loosen up buddy, you sound like a four balled tom cat on the prowl. Sorry that we disagree on something so stupid. I love Nascar and next to short tracks I like plate races so I guess I'm a wussy and you're really really tough. You sure know alot about restrictor plates. Let me guess your favorite track is Pocono. See ya in Richmond.

Cody

Oh ya I forgot to tell you the only thing I like more than Nascar I my big Grizzly 4x4 four wheeler. It's great for bush wacking.

peakfreak!!!

ONE OF THE EASIEST TUNED MACHINES IN THE WEST!!!

AAAAHH!!!

THE GRIZZLY!!!

NO RESTRICTOR PLATES HERE,BUT HOW ABOUT THE WUSSY REV LIMITER???

DON'T TELL ME IT DON'T HAVE ONE,I KNOW BETTER!!!

GET IT GOOD & STUCK & THROW THE GRIZ IN REVERSE & TRY & WIND IT UP,THE REV LIMITER APPEARS,MIGHT AS WELL BE A RESTRICTOR PLATE!!!

THE ONLY bobcat TUNEING BUSH WHACKING MACHINES,REMEMBER:CARRYING AN EXTRA PISTON & CYLINDER IN THE PRIMITIVE & CLOSED AREAS IS A GOOD IDEA WHEN YOU'RE BUSH WHACKING,NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU'LL NEED THEM!!!

Bess Bush-whacking is fun. I sent you an e-mail. This unit had a restrictor diaphram! However we took it out. And that really loosened it up!! In a effort to re-bush it I had to resort to a boned ham. Slid that ham in there and pulled the bone out and wa-la.

Rut

Quack Away!!

Dirt track is where it all starts. That is racing. Sidways in the turns left front wheel off the ground just on the edge of out of control.

Bess,
I agree with you 100,000% on that. Nothing like trying to back up a steep hill at 9,000ft. It's the only thing I hate about that quad. J/k about the bush wacking. There's a road everywhere I want to go. Mabye Yamahas' new V-twin 800EFI will be called the BOBCAT. Sounds good to me. Hope they lose the rev limiter.

PeakFreak!!!

GLAD WE AGREE ON SOMETHING,LOL!!!

I WATCH THE _USSY PLATE RACES ALSO!!!

THEY MAKE A CHIP THAT OVERIDES THE REV LIMITOR,BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD IT IS???

I DON'T KNOW IF A GUY COULD AFFORD TO DRIVE A YAMAHA 800,MAYBE THE EFI WON'T BE SO THIRSTY???

THE GRIZZLYS & KODIAKS ARE THIRSTY BEARS!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WATCHING THE RACE AGAIN THIS WEEKEND MAYBE!!!

You guys say that watching a non-restrictor plate race would be boring? You ever watch the 100 greatest Nascar finishes on CMT? It was shorly before the plates were introduced that they had a race. There was over I believe 100 lead changes that entire race and it was a dogfight the entire time. People reaching speeds of over 140 MPH down the straights. That'd be a fun race to watch!!!

"What I could do, I was doing, and that was simply putting my butt on the line for my country, the country that I loved, so that all the protestors and the academics and the liberal intelligentsia back home could enjoy the right to protest against people like me, the hated middleclass." --Gary R. Smith, US Special Forces

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom