RESULTS ARE POSTED

Good thing I decided to add a 2nd choice to the doe antelope choice. Dang residents decided they wanted to hunt there this year so the NR quota dropped to the prescribed amount.

I'm seeing what was a slam dunk hunt in WY going the way of other states.

My dad and his buddy drew G, but point creep is looking bad for region G. Dad had 1 for special and his buddy had 3 in regular. That means they both had less than 10% chance to draw.

No refund for me this year. Put some more water in the beans.:) Pronghorn steak when I get home though.

Still hanging in there with max points for deer, but got a 93 antelope tag. Set another one on fire with the muzzleloader!

I got G with 4 pts. it took 4 in regular and 3 in the special. point creep is getting bad. might take 6 pts by the time I get back

The talk by Wyoming every off season of how they are going to change this or that in regards to the draw/preference points got a lot of people off the fence this year....

Drew antelope with my FIL...his first antelope hunt. A lot of the point creek this year is due to the large cut back in antelope tag numbers.

Going to be a lot of long faces this year...

Glad I'm a resident, still able to apply smartly and get plenty of good tags.

Real short leftover list this year as well.

My brother and I along with a good friend drew excellent Pronghorn tags. It's getting interesting!
We were unsucc for doe/fawn tags however, but I'm not complaining at all.
Thank you AGAIN Wyoming!
Now if I can just pull a BH sheep tag next year....dreaming!
Zeke

Long faces here. Be scrounging around the leftover list hoping to pick a couple of tags up. Seems Wyoming for me is a crap shoot every year even though we gage the draws accordingly with conservative padding on PP's and historical leftover license availability. Doesnt help when our antelope unit jumps about a 1.5 points to draw on a 2pp unit. Wyoming is hard to predict at least to me it is...

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-14 AT 02:38PM (MST)[p]We drew 75 pronghorn, guess i better drive over and look around,looks like good country.larry

Well I did draw my antelope tag so that's great, just hope I actually get to use it this year. I'll keep my fingers crossed work is calm and I get to hunt:)

>Going to be a lot of
>long faces this year...
>
>Glad I'm a resident, still able
>to apply smartly and get
>plenty of good tags.
>
>Real short leftover list this year
>as well.

That would be me.

Semper Fi

LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-14 AT 09:15PM (MST)[p]WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

resident-LATE SEASON BULL TAG FOR 56. ONLY TEN TAGS ISSUED... only took 12 years to draw it but they quit the late season hunt for a couple of years and brought it back last year.

LATE SEASON WHITETAIL TAG

AND A ANTELOPE TAG....

whoooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo

Drew 105 late deer tag, along with two of my sons. Drew 98 antelope tag, along with a son and a daughter. Already had a unit 26 moose tag. Thanks Wyoming!!! Also drew antelope (Nevada), deer (Montana), and Oryx (New Mexico). I'm planning on an increible year. Still waiting on sheep results for Montana and Arizona, with the unbelievable luck I'm having, who knows, maybe I'll draw one of those as well. Good luck to all who drew tags, and best wishes to those who didn't for next year!

>NICE nfh! I drew antelope and
>a unit 7 tag.

***It sounds like everyone in Wyoming will be hunting elk in unit 7 this Fall with the jillion tags they issued that were not in the Final Reg!!!

Didn't pull a G tag with 3.5 points. Hopefully next year, on a positive note maybe it gave the buck I was going to kill this year another year to add some inches. Haha. Good luck to all that drew.

No deer tag for me. Pretty much down to a 30% chance for Oregon elk, or it's CO OTC elk for the first time in 20 years.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-14 AT 09:21PM (MST)[p]Some of the resident unit 7 guys will be getting a phone call tomorrow....

which pretty much sucks

>Smallest leftover list I have ever
>seen.

And I thought 2013 leftovers were skinny... You aint a kinding!!

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

>Going to be a lot of
>long faces this year...
>
>Glad I'm a resident, still able
>to apply smartly and get
>plenty of good tags.
>
>Real short leftover list this year
>as well.

+1 BUZZH on the res comment..good time's will be had by all.

"Sometime's i drink water to suprise my liver"

>Some of you resident unit 7
>guys will be getting a
>phone call tomorrow....

***Yep, and I wouldn't want to be a G&F employee that has to tell dang near 1000 people they didn't actually draw that 7-1 tag!!!

Yep, I know a party of five and about 4 others that changed from SUCCESSFUL 7-1 to NOT this afternoon. Nobody has ever said the G&F wasn't human, but I think they are doing the right thing with this so far. Some people wanted them to leave the extra 1000 on there. That would tic
off about every landowner and make a crappy hunt for everyone.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-13-14 AT 11:29AM (MST)[p]>Yep, I know a party of
>five and about 4 others
>that changed from SUCCESSFUL 7-1
>to NOT this afternoon. Nobody
>has ever said the G&F
>wasn't human, but I think
>they are doing the right
>thing with this so far.
>Some people wanted them to
>leave the extra 1000 on
>there. That would tic
> off about every landowner and
>make a crappy hunt for
>everyone.

***No way they could do that with that many extra, as the unit is already overcrowded from what I hear just with the normal number of tags issued and the limited public land that's available. I hope they come out and say how they handled the situation because a guy on one website says they did a complete redraw with everyone that had applied for 7-1 to come up with a new list. It would seem that the computer should show the order that it drew everyone the first time so that they could then go back and notify the final 1000 or so that they didn't draw, rather than do the whole thing again. I guess no matter how it's done there will be a ton of very unhappy people, but I have never seen a G&F goof on the draw since I started out there in 1992.

EDIT: I just got an email from G&F and it says they went back into the original draw random numbers and have notified all those that were past the quota number drawn that they were unsuccessful, rahter than successful and it was over 1200 people! There was also a glitch in unit 124-4 in that no quota was loaded into the computer, so it gave everyone an unsuccessful notice. That was corrected and the ones that drew were changed to successful. The email also said those were the only two errors that were made during the draw process.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom