Results are up

My kid got Silvies Muzzloader deer, High Desert Elk 2nd rifle, and both my kids drew Harney Basin Mule Deer Doe tags. I won't even buy the Doe tags just got them to save a couple Does from getting killed. I don't apply in Oregon anymore since we don't have enough deer so nothing for me.

My kids buddy drew a Sheep tag at 15 years old......................

Just heard from a friend yesterday that he drew Wenaha Rifle tag. Sounds like I'm gonna get to help look for a big bull this fall!!

Wish I woulda known he was gonna draw (he pulled on points), my summer plans woulda been a little different. Either way it should be fun!!

If you are successful in drawing a tag you have to go buy it, Oregon doesn't mail out the actual tags, at least not for residents not sure for non-res??
I bought it but never received it in the mail. I suppose I should have said that. Would have thought it wouldn’t take them more than two weeks to send it.

As a resident, if I want a paper tag, I have to print it myself, otherwise it's an e-tag. Sounds like you better do some checking. I doubt it's different for non-residents.

they don't mail tags

Choose paper, print it to a pdf, save pdf in your OR folder, then print the pdf. Trim around the border, sign it, stick it in a baggie and put in your kill kit.

Drew the Wenaha Rifle Elk in the 25% pool. Was in theory just a point saver year as we were set to draw Sled in 2024. Going to be a busy fall with a couple quality elk hunts! Any Wenaha feedback is welcome, I have only whitetail muzzleloader hunted up there, thanks.

Drew the Wenaha Rifle Elk in the 25% pool. Was in theory just a point saver year as we were set to draw Sled in 2024. Going to be a busy fall with a couple quality elk hunts! Any Wenaha feedback is welcome, I have only whitetail muzzleloader hunted up there, thanks.
Best advice I can give you is start getting your legs in shape yesterday. I think for that particular late season rifle hunt, for many, the most limiting factor will be their physical condition. There’s not a lot of access points and getting to bulls, I thinks gonna take cross country rucking in a lot of spots. I’ve never elk hunted in that country, so that’s not a fact just my opinion. My legs get a lil wobbly just thinking about it though lol

Second will be snow. Have a plan to get your camp off the mountain. Then have a plan to get yourself to and from wherever you end up being able to stay. Find and take snow shoes!!

Absolutely, that's exactly where I'd be in September. I prefer to spot and stalk rather than still hunt timber if it's an option.

Back
Top Bottom