Retirement hunt in unit 61

porchdog

I'm fixing to retire next year and have zeroed in on unit 61 for an elk hunt. I know it's early but I'm bored and I am asking for some directions so I can start making plans. I know zip about unit 61 except there are no OTC tags. Where should I start my study? North, South, East or West ends? What roads should I look for? I hear it's rough country, is there any canyons or draws that might hold some good bulls? I'm a non-res so scouting will be limited to the week before I start hunting. Any advise, (about unit 61) would be appreciated.

How many elk preference points do you have?

Are you looking to do this as an archery, muzzy or rifle hunt?

you will not be disapointed with a first season rifle tag !! I have spent alot of time in 61, had an archery tag a few years ago and helped out a buddy during first season.Both my brothers and their 2 boys should draw this year so will be up there with them, drop me an email at [email protected] and we can see if we can get you started.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom