Return Tag - gain a point?

diablo

Very Active Member
Guys I'm having trouble verifying what the tag return rules in NV are.

If I return a tag prior to the season, I believe I will regain my points and gain a point for the current year (but loose the tag fee). Is this right??

Anyone here done this?

Thanks!!

Yes that is true. You regain your points and gain a point for the year you return the tag. It is as if you were unsuccessful in the draw.
Isn?t it a bit early to be thinking about returning a tag? The Application deadline isn't even here yet.
I can't think of many reasons to want to return a Nevada tag. There is some of the best hunting in the west here So you should apply for the other hunts leaving Nevada as a priority.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-19 AT 07:22AM (MST)[p]I had to return a tag last year.

My wife had to have a foot procedure done, which we knew was coming at the time of the application deadline, but had not finalized. We were not certain what all the details were going to be or the recovery time. When it was do done, doing the Hu was out of the question.

I got my points, a point for the year and refund all but my application fees back.

There should be a chart in the application regulations, if not look in the previous years hunt book.

It's all online.

Thanks for the replies guys. I've looked at the regs online and hard-copy over and over and cannot really find this explicitly written. Interestingly, Huntin Fool says you'd gain a point but Epic doesn't in their respective NV coverage.

I knew the first thought would be why. I've already drawn UT deer (dedicated hunter) and NM arch elk. And we've still got UT, CO, AZ deer/sheep and WY to go. In NV, if I get really lucky with my 17 sheep points (or draw in another state) I may not want the NV antelope tag that I expect I'll draw this year with 17 pts. Just thinking ahead on options.

Thanks again guys!

If you return it within two weeks of the season no refund and can't be reissued to an alternate. Up to two weeks before season it will be reissued and you can get a refund for certain reasons. Like medical but I believe you gotta have a dr note.

I think July 15 is the deadline to turn it in for any reason and still get a refund...

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom