Ribeye Confusion

Blank

Long Time Member
So I'm in Sam's Club, and looking at the meat counter. I go down to the section where all the Prime cuts are, and check out the steaks. I see this, so call the butcher over, and ask WTH?? Yep, they take Prime ribeyes at $19.98, open the packages and rub down with olive oil, season with Montreal Steak seasoning, and repackage and set right back next to the regular ones. Thing was, they repackaged them all at $9.98/lb. I bought all six that they had; he wouldn't do anymore, once he saw the problem!!
smile.gif
. Muy Good!!

IMG_3755.jpeg

IMG_3776.jpeg

IMG_3783.jpeg

I bought bone-in NY Strip for 5.97/lb at Albertsons tonight. Thick sliced bacon at 3.77/lb. Must have 50 lbs of NY and T Bone steaks now. Ready to grill. Might buy some more thus weekend.

Wow, that's great! Sam's looked like a grocery in Zimbabwe, almost empty. They said their supply chain is struggling, and they hadn't gotten a meat truck in for 3 days!!

I found some mislabeled ribeyes a few months back. I think they were priced at $6.99 per pound so I bought all 4 packages. Hadn't bought cow in a long time. Made me reconsider!

While I do love deer and elk, it's hard because the wife doesn't eat them. That means I cook two meals, or wait until we have tasty leftovers, or she's eating grilled cheese!! The ultimate is beef then she gets leftovers, and I get seafood. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom