Rifle target shooting in Northern Utah??

D

dreaminbouthuntin

Myself and a couple of people are looking for public land in Northern/Central Utah to target shoot with our rifles out to at least 600 yards.

I have been digging and asking around and continually come up empty handed.

I was told by one person that Utah cuts off rifle target shooting on public land during hunting season. I cannot confirm if this is accurate or not.

I would like to stay away from gun ranges if at all possible.

I have searched the internet and local gun businesses but its like no one shoots rifles..?? It cant be though.

We know and follow all the public land rules to target shooting, however we are having a difficult time pinning down an area to be able to shoot.

I know you guys in Utah have to be shooting your rifles beyond 300 yards! ;)

Many Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-13 AT 09:32PM (MST)[p]Sometimes I will go across Monte and shoot near Birch Creek Res. Take the gravel road to the right before you get to the damn. Long way to go,but you will most likely have the place to yourselves. You will be able to put targets at the range you want. No firing restrictions. Check "utahfireinfo.gov" to be sure. It is BLM land. Pack it in , Pack it out! My biggest pet peeve when it comes to hunting season are the knuckleheads that sight their rifles in on the mountain. I can understand checking for zero, but each guy putting 20 rounds or more down range, sucks. Since I camp/hunt the North Slope, I stop at a small range outside Mountain View, Wy on my way towards the Gorge.

Get ahold of REDDOG!

Last I heard his Range is good to 3,600 Yards!

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

Thanks for the information! I reload for my rifle and brass is precious, so know one would even know we were there. haha

Have a good one

LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-13 AT 08:35AM (MST)[p]Here is one for ya . I dont know if this will work or not it's outside of Price.
3209newrangeutah.jpg

I have also heard of a 1000 yard range west of Richfield . Not sure if its private or not.

Thanks a ton for all the great information guys!! Looks like we've got some places to go check out and get some shooting in.

many thanks!

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-13
>AT 09:32?PM (MST)

>
>Sometimes I will go across Monte
>and shoot near Birch Creek
>Res. Take the gravel road
>to the right before you
>get to the damn. Long
>way to go,but you will
>most likely have the place
>to yourselves. You will be
>able to put targets at
>the range you want. No
>firing restrictions. Check "utahfireinfo.gov" to
>be sure. It is BLM
>land. Pack it in ,
>Pack it out! My
>biggest pet peeve when it
>comes to hunting seasha he knuckleheads that sight their
>rifles in on the mountain.
>I can understand checking for
>zero, but each guy putting
>20 rounds or more down
>range, sucks. Since I camp/hunt
>the North Slope, I stop
>at a small range outside
>Mountain View, Wy on my
>way towards the Gorge.

we went up that way today and a massive rain storm flood has wipped out all the roads up there to impassable levels. Great area though! The damage is so bad there's no way to travel the roads without a grader re doing the roads.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom