RMEF sheep draws

G

grndchekem

Anybody know if there are any sheep draw tags left to purchase from RMEF? If so how, can I do it via the net? Looked for a while yesterday and can't seem to find anything. Thanks for any info...

I thought I stayed pretty current on all the sheep tag raffles but I do not know of one being run by RMEF. Do you know any details? What state is it for? Maybe it is being run by someone other than RMEF. If you can give me some more detail maybe we can figure it out.

Thanks

The RMEF receives the proceeds from the Minister's permit in Alberta but it was auctioned this year at the FNAWS convention. It has sold some years at the RMEF convention. It sold for $200,000 this year. There is also an Alberta resident only raffle for a sheep permit and tickets are available until Oct for it from RMEF.

Thanks sheephunter. I had forgotten about that residents only raffle in Alberta. I've never been able to find out any info on it, but I guess I just haven't dug deep enough to find it.

Hey guys, I forgot to say I was looking for info on the Alberta residents RMEF draw tags, I had'nt heard about the tags until just recently.

I cannot find anything on their website, but maybe you can contact them for help. Here's the info to contact them that is on their site:
For more information dial 1-800-563-7633, or write to:

Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Canada
Box 940
Rocky Mountain House, Alberta
T4T 1A7

[email protected]

Just a question but why does RMEF receive the proceeds from a sheep tag? Is it always that way? I'm not questioning that they do or saying it's bad but I guess the thought process that went into that is too complex for me this early in the morning.
RMEF = elk. Sheep tag = errrr... sheep? :)

It's a long story but the permit was first offered to the Alberta Fish and Game Association but they turned it down. As there was no Alberta FNAWS chapter at the time, the RMEF was next in line.

The resident raffle is good for the month of November in any of the zones north of WMU410 excluding WMU437. 5,000 tickets are sold and the draw is October 1. Tickets are $10 each and can be obtained from the RMEFC head office 1-800-563-7633. There is also a December resident raffle for elk.

I see. I bet the Alberta Fish & Game Association has some regrets about not grabbing it since it always sells for a pretty penny. Nice windfall for RMEF. Do they actually get to keep all the money? Are there restrictions on how the money is used? Seems like every one of these tags is handled different.

There is a committee that includes some of the other conservation groups that doles out the money and there are some guidelines as to where it can be used.

RMEF's website is a mess. Telus was doing some work on there site and they crashed, big mess, trying to get to links or page to page is awful.Had to call direct but just purchased 1 of the 5000 sheep tickets ($10.00) and 1 of the 1500 elk tickets ($10.00). Sheep good for November in all zones except 410,437 and the elk good for Dec. Thanks for your help guys....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom