Road closures

C

coyotecallr

Just wondering if anyone is going to the meeting on the Coconino
road closures, and where it is located? What are your thoughts.

I think this has more to do with OHV trails than existing FS roads. I have been going to the Coconino for many years, and the increase in the number of "trails" being made has grown dramatically. During hunting seasons the increased traffic isn't as bad as during the summer, but I have noticed the many of the "road hunters" have become ATV hunters. During the summer, it has really spiraled out of control. The number of recreational ATV users has increased a ton. The constant drone of ATVs is everywhere, and even trails designated for hiking have become two tracks. I believe that national forests should be as open as possible to all types of recreation icluding OHVs, hikers and hunters alike, but it will take smarter people than me to find a comprimse that will work for everyone. Like many public land issues, the question of enforcement comes in to play with already under staffed govenment agencies. Existing rules are not being enforced now, such as noise levels, spark arresters, unlicensed drivers and vehicles on roads, and using closed trails.

There is a link on the AZGF web page that outlines the proposed closures. It is hard to read and understand though. The way I understand it if it is passed as is, you must buy a map and know what road is open or closed by the map. Roads will not be marked as such. There is a map of the Coconino for example that shows proposed open roads. Most roads will be closed to vehicles. Camping, game retrieval and other uses restricted as well.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom