Rock Springs Grazing - Unit 58

Rackmastr

Hey All,

Wife drew unit 58 antelope this year, and first off I really appreciate everyone who I've had a chance to chat with about the hunt before applying and after results came in. I look forward to chatting with a few of you guys as the planning continues.

In my research, it seems RSGA allows access, but their 'Google' hours show temporarily closed. I left a message on their machine, but was curious if most everyone just calls to touch base with them to confirm their access requirements year to year? Hoping I can track someone down in the summer to discuss.

Other than that, it seems like tons of BLM to explore and hunt. Wife was lucky to kill a 76" buck in Alberta a handful of years ago, and this will be my second time to Wyoming and her first. If anyone has any on the ground experience down there or spends any time this summer, feel free to reach out as I always love a good hunting/scouting/planning chat.

Again, appreciate all the insight from guys on here!

Trev

A pic with wife's Alberta buck from a few years ago, cause no one ever gets sick of looking at pronghorn pics!

OI000059.jpg

When I called them 4 or 5 years ago he said access is allowed and most people know that so they don't ask but I wanted the call on record and who I spoke with just encase something did happen where I ran into someone in the field. Not very helpful info I know but that's what I got

When I called them 4 or 5 years ago he said access is allowed and most people know that so they don't ask but I wanted the call on record and who I spoke with just encase something did happen where I ran into someone in the field. Not very helpful info I know but that's what I got
Yep thats kinda where I'm at as well. Like talking to guys and having a conversation about conditions. Hopefully I can catch them. I've grown up around cattle industry and accessing property so always seems like the best way to do things! Guess its just a matter of catching them at the right time when I call

Yep thats kinda where I'm at as well. Like talking to guys and having a conversation about conditions. Hopefully I can catch them. I've grown up around cattle industry and accessing property so always seems like the best way to do things! Guess its just a matter of catching them at the right time when I call
I sent you a pm with the contact info I used not sure if it's still up to date or not

I’ll be out there chasing deer in 101 and cow elk in 124 and had the same question and have been told the same thing about RSGA access.

Rackmstr most likely you and your wife will be hunting the 9/20 opener and my hunts don’t open until 10/15 but if you are still out there running around at the end of October and I happen to see a big goat (or two) I’d be happy to pass that info on to you two. I’ll PM you my phone #. Congrats on the tags and good luck on your hunt!

Appreciate any PM‘s if anyone has any constructive input on the deer and cow elk tags I have and is willing to share…

Thanks,

Horniac

I’ll be out there chasing deer in 101 and cow elk in 124 and had the same question and have been told the same thing about RSGA access.

Rackmstr most likely you and your wife will be hunting the 9/20 opener and my hunts don’t open until 10/15 but if you are still out there running around at the end of October and I happen to see a big goat (or two) I’d be happy to pass that info on to you two. I’ll PM you my phone #. Congrats on the tags and good luck on your hunt!

Appreciate any PM‘s if anyone has any constructive input on the deer and cow elk tags I have and is willing to share…

Thanks,

Horniac
Good year to have a 101 tag! Good luck!

I have a 57 tag and was looking at onx and was wondering the same thing. So thanks for asking the question. I have no idea were I will end up hunting but figure knowing what i can and can't hunt is a good start. Most of the private is just a couple owners and I knew some probably let you hunt on them.

I have a 57 tag and was looking at onx and was wondering the same thing. So thanks for asking the question. I have no idea were I will end up hunting but figure knowing what i can and can't hunt is a good start. Most of the private is just a couple owners and I knew some probably let you hunt on them.
There are a couple landowners in 57 that absolutely do not allow hunting. They are not friendly about it….

Thanks,

Horniac
I’ve seen a couple bucks that look good already in 101.

Anyone ever do any fly fishing below Fontenelle dam?

Looking at some options if wife tags out early on a good antelope, while we're waiting for meat to be processed. Seems like a pretty cool area to fish and target some big brown trout.

May do a guided float if things lined up, but given that it would only happen if we tag out early I might just bring gear and go explore if we're lucky

Anyone ever do any fly fishing below Fontenelle dam?

Looking at some options if wife tags out early on a good antelope, while we're waiting for meat to be processed. Seems like a pretty cool area to fish and target some big brown trout.

May do a guided float if things lined up, but given that it would only happen if we tag out early I might just bring gear and go explore if we're lucky
Fished for Kokanee years ago and had a blast

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom