Roll Coal

Man I hate articles like this. There really isn't any valuable info in them.

They make it sound like he is being charged with aggravated assault for blowing fumes on them but it calls it a car crash??? Did he hit them with his vehicle???

I don't get it.

Crashed into what? Each other? The truck? A separate vehicle?

The writer is trying to make you think exhaust sent people to ICU but something else happened.

"District Attorney of Waller County
on Monday
(11/8/2021 – Waller County Criminal District Attorney)
On September 25, 2021 a sixteen year old drove his truck into six bicyclists that were training through Waller County."

"The office for Waller County District Attorney Elton Mathis said in a Facebook post that it had filed six charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon against the 16-year-old boy who was driving at the time of the accident."

Finally. Now we can hopefully get some common sense auto-control laws passed. Things like a license to own and operate, liability insurance, and even a background check. This teen probably didn't even go through a dealer and bought the automatic (assume it wasn't a standard) from someone off the street.

I mean, if we can save even one life...

Charges filed against teen who a witness says hurt six bicyclists while trying to 'roll coal'​

items.[0].image.alt

Photo by: CNN Newsource

F90%2Ffa23a19a44e19b7a3ca4dbacaab5%2F1u3a3256-edit.jpg

By: Alex Hider
Posted at 11:38 AM, Nov 09, 2021

and last updated 11:38 AM, Nov 09, 2021
District attorneys in Waller County, Texas, filed six charges on Monday against a 16-year-old in connection with a September car crash in the Houston area that injured six bicyclists.
The office for Waller County District Attorney Elton Mathis said in a Facebook post that it had filed six charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon against the 16-year-old boy who was driving at the time of the accident.

Mathis' office said that the teen turned himself in Monday and will be held in custody until further orders from the juvenile court.
The Houston Chronicle, KTRK-TV and KPRC-TV report that six cyclists were hurt in a Sept. 25 crash just northwest of Houston, Texas. Four of the cyclists had to be hospitalized, two of whom had to be airlifted because of the severity of their injuries.
Cyclist Chase Ferrell says he was riding behind the group of six cyclists who were injured in the crash. He's told multiple media outlets that the teenaged suspect caused the crash while trying to "roll coal," or blow exhaust on cyclists as a means of intimidation.
"The kid on the scene was asking us if we thought he was going to jail," Ferrell told KTRK. "I said, 'Yeah. You messed up.' He was clearly sorry. Even in his mind, his initial reaction was he thought he was going to jail."

Local media outlets report that the teen driver was allowed to leave the scene following the crash. The case prompted outrage in Houston's cycling community.
In its Facebook post on Monday, Mathis' office thanked the public for their patience in filing charges.
"We very much appreciate the patience of the victims and their attorneys as we have attempted to reconstruct the events, and to assess and gather the evidence that was not obtained that day," the District Attorney of Waller County's Facebook update read.

District Attorney of Waller County
on Monday
(11/8/2021 – Waller County Criminal District Attorney)
On September 25, 2021 a sixteen year old drove his truck into six bicyclists that were training through Waller County. Over the last six weeks this office has assigned its own investigators to seek out evidence, and to interview the victims and witnesses. We very much appreciate the patience of the victims and their attorneys as we have attempted to reconstruct the events, and to assess and gather the evidence that was not obtained that day. Today we have filed six felony charges of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon against the juvenile in question, one charge for each cyclist that was injured. Earlier today the juvenile voluntarily surrendered himself, and was detained by representatives from the juvenile justice department where he will be held in custody until further orders of the juvenile court. Thanks to the Waller County Sheriff’s Office and the Texas Department of Public Safety for their assistance in seeking justice for these individuals. We wish them the speediest of recoveries on their long journey ahead, and remind everyone to share the roads, obey the traffic laws, and to treat each other with the respect that we all deserve. Attorneys for the victims will be kept apprised of the status of the cases as they make their way through the justice system.

Last edited:
Eel, that's what I was asking for.

Outdoorwriter thinks he's somebody special because he found some other graphic or link.

Meanwhile some window licker gets to keep his job writing an uninformative article.

You would figure a bitter old magazine writer would know the writing skills of the author are garbage.

I think he's somebody special because he had the ambition to do a little research on his own.

If a hunter is attempting to shoot a deer, and instead causes someone to die because they miss and the bullet strikes them (because the deer was sky-lined), then the hunter may very well have involuntary manslaughter charges brought against him.

The answer is yes, attempting to "roll coal" is what caused the crash that brought on the aggravated assault charges.

The point of the article, from Denver to announce "in other news...", is the outcome with a brief summary of the events of the incident. For a detailed account, you probably have to search out that info in Houston news outlets.

Eel, that's what I was asking for.

Outdoorwriter thinks he's somebody special because he found some other graphic or link.

Meanwhile some window licker gets to keep his job writing an uninformative article.

You would figure a bitter old magazine writer would know the writing skills of the author are garbage.
I found nothing more than what was shown in the link in the original post. It's not my fault you couldn't see what was plainly visible to anyone except perhaps Stevie Wonder.

I think he's somebody special because he had the ambition to do a little research on his own.

If a hunter is attempting to shoot a deer, and instead causes someone to die because they miss and the bullet strikes them (because the deer was sky-lined), then the hunter may very well have involuntary manslaughter charges brought against him.

The answer is yes, attempting to "roll coal" is what caused the crash that brought on the aggravated assault charges.

The point of the article, from Denver to announce "in other news...", is the outcome with a brief summary of the events of the incident. For a detailed account, you probably have to search out that info in Houston news outlets.
Wow. That is special stupid.

I found nothing more than what was shown in the link in the original post. It's not my fault you couldn't see what was plainly visible to anyone except perhaps Stevie Wonder.
So it was a link and not written by the author. Thanks for proving my point. See you can almost be useful.

As someone who rides the road in Western Colorado I have noticed that many drivers are getting more aggressive towards cyclists. I mostly ride solo and only single file. Would cyclists paying a small fee ‘tax’ change the way motorists feel about cyclists? And what would that small increase in tax dollars accomplish? Of all the roadies I know all pay taxes on multiple vehicles already. Myself I only pay taxes on 4 vehicles.

"Rolling coal" — when drivers blow thick exhaust clouds from the tailpipe of a truck — may be obnoxious, but it isn't illegal in most US states. Only a handful of states including Maine, Utah, New Jersey, Maryland, Colorado and Connecticut have laws that specifically prohibit the practice.Oct 21, 2021

Wow. That is special stupid.

????????

I can't believe it! I was handed an insult by a taxidermist! A Texas taxidermist! A king in the kingdom of blowhards! A man who needs double door openings to fit his big punk head through!

I would have sent you a connect-the-dot coloring book, but, I didn't know the address to your Playschool studio, so...

:geek::geek::geek::geek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

????????

I can't believe it! I was handed an insult by a taxidermist! A Texas taxidermist! A king in the kingdom of blowhards! A man who needs double door openings to fit his big punk head through!

I would have sent you a connect-the-dot coloring book, but, I didn't know the address to your Playschool studio, so...

:geek::geek::geek::geek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Reeling them in 2 at a time tonight.

Bike riders pay more taxes than than the Tesla crowd if they drive gas or diesel. Crazy to ride a bike on the road these days, get on the dirt !

As someone who rides the road in Western Colorado I have noticed that many drivers are getting more aggressive towards cyclists. I mostly ride solo and only single file. Would cyclists paying a small fee ‘tax’ change the way motorists feel about cyclists? And what would that small increase in tax dollars accomplish? Of all the roadies I know all pay taxes on multiple vehicles already. Myself I only pay taxes on 4 vehicles.
There are getting to be more bikes on the roads, which might be part of the reason for the increasing frustration. You have to admit some of these “races” are ridiculous.

A license plate on a bike isn’t going to help, except maybe to reduce the number on the road.

I have realized that a certain person pretends they pulled a "gotcha" on people when they've made an ass of themself.

Tristate: when you play a game of chicken with your reflection, who wins?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom