Rubys

Over the years I've been on different parts of it but last summer I did the whole trail from Harrison Pass to Lamoille which is about 50 to 60 miles. Saw lots of game, deer, sheep, goats. Didn't see elk and saw few people. A great trip but you need to research it and be ready to carry water in part of the trip. If you want more info feel free to PM me. fatrooster.

Hey Brian, how are you doing? I was riding horses and took 5 days to do it but could have cut it down to 3 if I wanted to. I spent two nights at North Furlong Lake so you can see that it can be done quicker. I had a set of hikers going the same speed as me during the whole trip and spending the night in the same camping area as me. Some marathon runners have done it in hours. I know one man that does it every year by himself and he's 65 years old. (Last year he missed the trail and got lost but in a lot of areas you can see the highway and can work your way out to civilization which is what he did.) I found two ladies in thier 50's in 2006 who had hiked about 15 miles (with heavy packs) who thought that they were almost done with the 50 mile trip. Luckily they were at a point were a trail went down to the highway and I rode out and called thier husbands and made arrangements for them to meet thier wives at the highway. This trip is very beautiful but should not be taken lightly. Any weather can be expected any time of the year.
Brian, are you thinking about doing it? It is a very rewarding trip and worth every mile. If you wanted to do it I could help you out with packing in supplies at different spots or I would even consider making the trip again. Drew.

What Fatrooster said! Haven't done the whole trip yet but some of the peaks are over 11,000 ft. We got 22" of snow the night of Oct 2, 2005. Kinda hard for horses to graze through that so we dropped down, took 2 bucks and got out. BEAUTIFUL country. Planning a August trip this year just to see country and glass velvet bucks.

Like to see how killable the bucks are during archery season. Figure it'll be hard but fun.

Must be a ton of snow...

Timberline
47bc7e734e04c60a.jpg

http://www.timberlineoutfittersnevada.com/

timberline, there is a little snow left over in the summer but not too much. You can count on it raining though. fatrooster.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom