Rutting Blacktails

YBO

Long Time Member
Finally, after days of nothing, the rut in N.CA is finally getting it on! It basically started Thursday here in Tehama County. Where are these big brutes during the general season? Anyway, you've got some news on the elusive blacktails. Later

YBO I live on the northcoast and the other day at work I was fortunate enough to witness two nice bucks chasing a hot doe for 10 t0 15 minutes.What a sight that was and sounds as well.These two bucks were slobbering all over themselves and jockying for position and were so engrosed that they didnt evan give me a second look.What was so cool was to listen to these two grunt at each other and the doe.Where was the camera when I needed it.As far as your observations where are you seeing the best action.I grew up in Tehama County and have spent alot of time on the west side in the oaks and hills chasing those Bucks.The river bottoms hold some real bruisers and while duckhunting slews as a kid we sometimes came across a hog chasing does on the banks of the Sac.Just curious and thought I would share .JR

JR, Check your e-mail. To answer your question... From Grindstone Creek north to North Cottonwood Creek. I'am sure you know where that is. Later, Rick

Hey Rick check these FJ area bucks I pulled off a Video I shot in july.
fcff67f6.jpg

fcff67fe.jpg

fcff6808.jpg

fcff6810.jpg

fcff6816.jpg

fcff681c.jpg

fcff682b.jpg

I think I have a sickness that can only be cured by antler soup and lots of it.HA HA

Those are some nice looking deer! Thanks for posting them...Hopefully I will connect with one like that this year....Later B_B

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom