Sad state of affairs

202typical

Long Time Member
8 years ago I lost a bet to Huntin Dude and I paid off my bet, which was a bottle of whiskey, I think I even had a personalized label put on it for him. Crown Royal I believe. After Obama was elected I pretty much left this forum I helped create. Read my signature below that Forthewall sent me years ago. This morning I am reading through some of the threads and its the same guys making the same arguments and not a single mind has been changed. Seems like every one of these threads are name calling and attempts to make the other guy look stupid. This forum is pathetic. No real value added to this fantastic website and I think it even brings it down a notch or two. I ask that we do away with this forum. I am sure every one is tired of being called a chump by Huntin Dude and I am sure Huntin Dude is tired of being called a drunk stupid Indian.

"I'll admit it, that's hella funny! Good to see you around 202, I wish you would return on a regular basis there's a lot of bruised low lying fruit on here lately. You should be on here on a regular basis especially since it was your political carpet bombing at the campfire that inspired this forum!"
Thank you Forthewall

For the most part it stays in this forum. Will eliminating it infect the rest of the site? Sounds like prior to this forum it was.

What you're really saying is you know we're in for a disaster with this new president and you'd rather not talk about it.

Trump thinks the same thing that's why he's going to kick the press out of the whitehouse and avoid talking to them.

This forum is going to be the best it's ever been. I cannot wait.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

>
>
>
>
>What you're really saying is you
>know we're in for a
>disaster with this new president
>and you'd rather not talk
>about it.
>
>Trump thinks the same thing that's
>why he's going to kick
>the press out of the
>whitehouse and avoid talking to
>them.
>
>
> This forum is going to
>be the best it's ever
>been. I cannot wait.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay Thirsty My Friends
You got to blame someone for the upcoming Obama fallout.

With control of both houses and the whitehouse there shouldn't be much king Cheeto can't fix right?

You clowns are in for a tough go.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

>
>With control of both houses and
>the whitehouse there shouldn't be
>much king Cheeto can't fix
>right?
>
> You clowns are in for
>a tough go.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay Thirsty My Friends
I forgot you voted for Obama,you probably forgot also.

>8 years ago I lost a
>bet to Huntin Dude and
>I paid off my bet,
>which was a bottle of
>whiskey, I think I even
>had a personalized label put
>on it for him. Crown
>Royal I believe. After Obama
>was elected I pretty much
>left this forum I helped
>create. Read my signature below
>that Forthewall sent me years
>ago. This morning I am
>reading through some of the
>threads and its the same
>guys making the same arguments
>and not a single mind
>has been changed. Seems like
>every one of these threads
>are name calling and attempts
>to make the other guy
>look stupid. This forum is
>pathetic. No real value added
>to this fantastic website and
>I think it even brings
>it down a notch or
>two. I ask that we
>do away with this forum.
>I am sure every one
>is tired of being called
>a chump by Huntin Dude
>and I am sure Huntin
>Dude is tired of being
>called a drunk stupid Indian.
>
>
>
>
>"I'll admit it, that's hella funny!
>Good to see you around
>202, I wish you would
>return on a regular basis
>there's a lot of bruised
>low lying fruit on here
>lately. You should be on
>here on a regular basis
>especially since it was your
>political carpet bombing at the
>campfire that inspired this forum!"
>
>Thank you Forthewall
Did you forget about Zigga ?

there is only one difference, few care to see it clearly...

63017koran.jpg

Having a political forum is kind of like having a leper colony. Nobody really wants one but it beats the alternative.

>Having a political forum is kind
>of like having a leper
>colony. Nobody really wants one
>but it beats the alternative.
>

+1 LMAOF

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-17 AT 11:30AM (MST)[p]202,

Let me make this forum great again, there is no leadership and the terrible, I mean just pathetic moderating, look I am a deal maker and I know how to do this, it's so easy and let me tell when I am done the moderating this forum is going to be something you will be proud of. I mean let's face facts here I would make this great again and all the fakers out there know it but they don't know what I know. Let me tell I know things and you will find them out on Tuesday or Wednesday. I won't have to ban anybody, everyone here today will still be here tomorrow but it is going to be terrific, I mean the greatest forum that was ever on the internet, which by the way, I invented not Al Gore.
I can't tell you now what the forum rules will be but they will be great and terrific.

Nemont

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-17 AT 11:23AM (MST)[p]Hey buddy, spread a little sunshine to the other guy that got this particular forum started. If this forum were to vanish it would only recreate the same scenario where the Campfire gets trashed with politics.

The Campfire is still a warm and inviting place, this forum ensures it will remain that way. The level of discord here is at times accompanied with a certain schoolyard mentality. The "provacateurs" are never the ones who are in the political minority on this forum.

One sign that the fabric of society is unraveling is the inability for average people to discuss topics of the day in civilized manner, so maybe we are that point. You and I have spent years ideologically battling each other 202 but I never took any of our heated exchanges personally as you well know.

You are also just smart enough to know that the next 4 years will not bode well for the country or the party. So I have to lean in Tog's direction on that call.

You were one of Jr's largest defenders, until you could no longer in good conscience continue to do so and your opinion evolved. Your ideological evolution then aligned you with the very detractors you sought to confront on a daily basis, me being one of them.

So opinions can change, viewpoints can expand and dialogue can expose new shared common ground.

That being said, your mother wears army boots. ;)

202, I am not one of the so called legendary "founders" of this forum but I used to post daily until I pretty much realized the same thing. Nobody on here will ever change their mind on anything so what's the point?

Just look at how it is with Donald Trump. The guy hasn't even been sworn in yet and these guys have already labeled him a failure. I realize he's not the most articulate and "presidential" POTUS we've ever had but really where did Barry get us with his basking glow of presidential prowess?

Nemont has said multiple times that the electorate wants a lily white president so good candidates don't get elected. So what happens when the POTUS-elect isn't lily white? Nemont immediately bashes him before even giving him a chance. It's absolute insanity. I've said that I didn't vote for Trump but I certainly am willing to give him a chance to lead the country.

Tog would find something wrong with any candidate with an R behind their name so it's pointless even discussing things with him and FTW just needs his ego stroked from time to time.

The bottom line is that nothing will change. Donald Trump could do great things for this country and those who oppose him will find a chart or some news story saying the Russians made him do it to benefit them. I realized nothing would change a couple of years ago and decided that wasting my time on here arguing with people that didn't have the mental capacity to admit they were wrong was futile. I recently started posting more just because sometimes you get that itch but I agree that it is still wasted typing. That said however, I don't agree with closing the forum because everyone should have the means to voice their opinions.

As guilty as I am of name calling, I agree that it would be nice to have civil conversations without it. Sometimes all you can do is call someone a name because the choking them through your computer app hasn't been invented yet.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-17 AT 02:37PM (MST)[p]

>Nemont has said multiple times that the electorate wants a lily >white president so good candidates don't get elected. So what >happens when the POTUS-elect isn't lily white? Nemont immediately >bashes him before even giving him a chance. It's absolute insanity. >I've said that I didn't vote for Trump but I certainly am willing >to give him a chance to lead the country.

Bashing any American politician is a birth right paid for with blood and treasure.

I hope Trump proves me wrong and that all his puffed up,thin skinned, tweeter in chief act is just that an act. I have my doubts.

Nemont

Really, Seems to me that there was been a divided house here since about 8 years ago and 202 bet with 440/Huntindude/Tog.

You are guilt free of adding to the noise I am sure.

Some people need to cowboy up. if this forum is too rough for you go back to your needlepoint.

In a few days there will be no more bullchit excuses for Trump he will be the president and be held accountable for his actions. I voted for him in the primary because I thought at that time he has potential. like many others I soon learned he was a one trick pony unqualified to lead this nation.

I am betting there are lots of slow learners who are soon to come to the same conclusion I did. so 202 I think you're wrong about people changing their minds. there will be millions of minds changed across this country, granted none of them will be those here.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Hey 202!

The Rock is just as F'N Hard/if not Harder than it ever was!

[font color="blue"]It Was them Damn Lake Trout that took them Elk
out!:D[/font]

Nemont, here is what I stated in post 13 since you either didn't read it or comprehend it.

"As guilty as I am of name calling, I agree that it would be nice to have civil conversations without it. Sometimes all you can do is call someone a name because the choking them through your computer app hasn't been invented yet."

That pretty much spells out my guilt so no I am not guilt free but at least I can admit it.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-17 AT 08:48PM (MST)[p]I have no problem admitting I98% of my
Posts are disagreeing with people and I am divided from what most guys on here post. I have called
People names all the time. They don't want civil discussions , they want an echo chamber that confirms their own bias.

Nemont

....remind me what you've called me nemont....I might have missed it and need to get mad....lol

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom