Savage weather warrior SAK???

M

martini

Does anyone have any experience with one of these rifles? Is the "adjustable" muzzle brake a feature that you use? What accuracy have you found with this rifle, thanks for any info that you can supply,( I am interested in the 338, or the 300 RUM)

thanks

Have worked with 2 so far for friends. Both shoot moa at 200 yards. Stock is a bit flimsy. Other than that its all good. Have shot both with brake off and on but don' t know why one would really want it that much. But I failed to try checking the zeros real close at 300 with brake off and on to see if there was an impact difference.

For the money theres no better deal IMHO.

I would replace the recoil pad and stiffen up the forend a bit if I had one for myself.

Waiting to find one in 300 RUM for my buddy. All the WSM hype has the big boys a bit hard to find.

Jeff

Martini, I bought one in 300RUM when they first came out. It's a shooter!! I use the "brake" and it greatly reduces the recoil, but, she's pretty loud! Mine shoots Rem. factory 180gr. Sciroccos at 1" MOA or better ALL the time. I think it's a great value for the money!!!

Thanks for the responses guys, a few more questions,

- How easy is it to "turn" the brake to the "off" position?

- Have you weighed the gun, if so what does it weigh?

- Is this gun well balanced?

thanks

The brake turns on and off w/ just a twist. I haven't weighted it, but I have a lg. obj.scope w/ sunshade so it's got some heft to it. The gun is alittle Bbl. heavy, but it balances well at the shoulder. It points well and shoots great. A hinged floorplate would be a nice addition.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom