Scope for Mule Deer

R

rydeer

Just wanted to know.. I am hunting (for the first time) in southeastern New Mexico for Mule Deer in November. I have a 30.06 remington (model 700) with a 3x9x32 Tasco scope on it. It works great on Texas Whitetails. Is this a good scope for Mule Deer hunting? The average shots may range 200-250 yards. I have been looking at the Leupold 3x9x40 and the Leupold 4x12x40. Don't know if I should just save my money and keep what I have. Any opinions out there?

I would second Hawkk33. Good scope, excellent value. I have a VX-2 4x12, but the extra power really only helps at the bench. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-05 AT 02:07PM (MST)[p]For less than $400, you can get a 3-9x40 Zeiss Conquest. This is the best scope in it's class,(for a variety of reasons).

When I went on a "paid hunt" in Northeastern NM last year, I took a 3-10x44 Zeiss Conquest and a back up scope w/ detachable rings already zeroed and ready to use as a back up if needed.

A little too much?? Maybe, but I'm paranoid.

Get a good scope. It doesn't have to be a Conquest.
I'm sorry, I hate Tasco's!! YMMV

I hate Tasco too. Knocked the crosshairs out of one on a .22 LR Personal preference aside, and I forgot to mention previous, The Weaver Grand Slams deserve a look. mtmuley

I would have to say stick with what you've got, why spend the money on a new scope when what you have alread works. I have the Leupold scope your talking about, and its one of the best scopes I have. But why spend a lot of money on something you dont need. Now if you dont like the scope, or if it has something wrong with it, get a new one. But dont buy one just to say you have it. Just my two cents.

Knifeboy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom