Score Contest 2012 ( what do you think)

• Thread starter monarchtaxidermy
  • Start date
M

monarchtaxidermy

Hey Everyone,
I have been running the score contests the last two years and was wanting to start another contest starting the 1st week of january. My plan for this year is to keep it simple. We will have 13 contests. One per week. A person will have to compete in at least 10 of the 13 contest to be eligible for the overall prize or they can compete as much as they like and take their ten best scores. A person can still compete for a weekly prize if they only want that option also.

There will be no tricks, no surprises and only 1 deer at at time. Since it it is a monster muley site I figure we just do all 13 contest on deer this year. Therefore and the end we have a winner and it will go down to the wire. Next year we could do elk etc....

SO what I guess I am asking is a few things. I would like to know how many people would like to play this year? Does this sound OK? Also, we are all poor ( I think) if you are like me. It takes a lot of money for me to do a weekly prize and overall prizes. I was hoping some of you might be willing to donate or have something we could offer as a weekly prize or help with an overall prize. I would like to set something up for the top 5 in the contest.

I don't want to do this if people don't want to do it or people think scoring is ruining our passion for hunting. My intent is just to have fun and try and bring people together instead of separating which seems to be the focus these days. The sport has done so much for my family and myself I like to give back as much as I can. I will try and provide video and field pictures also this year to help with judging.

Please let me know what you are thinking and if you would like a contest. IF we get enough that are for it I will try and get organized. This the reason for this post being a month in advance. Please respond or PM me if there is anyway you can help out. Thanks

Curtis Wilson
Monarch Mountain Taxidermy

I'm in for sure! Need to redeem myself from last year.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I'm in. If people think it's ruining our sport they don't have to be in the contest.

....If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.....

count me in!
+1 to marley! the only ones it ruins it for are the ones that cant kill a big animal and have sour grapes

Sounds good

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Yup i like the all deer idea!

hornkiller.jpg

Had a lot of fun with it last year, love to do it again!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Curtis The contest was one of the best posts on MM. I am in again this year. Let us know what you need as prizes please.

I'm all in
And thanks for taking this contest on again Curtis
As for the prizes.I wouldn't mind doing it just for the bragging rights.Thou I'm sure I will get my azz kicked

I loved this contest last year. Looked forward to it everyweek. I will be in again for this year.

maybe i wont come in 40th place or 60th place, whatever it was. so watch out everyone im going to win.. sounded good though

Thanks again to a couple who have offered to help with gifts and prizes. I would really like to get as many as people as we can to play this year so tell all your friends to log on and play. As Far as what we could use to give away it can be anything!! Hats, gloves, hunting apparel, shirts, gift cards, etc..... Please any help is great!! If you donate a $5 bill to the cause it all adds up. If we could get some great stuff for the overall winners that would be great. It just makes it more competitive and adds incentive if I can collect some items to hand out. Thanks
Curtis Wilson

PS Good to see you joining in andymansavage!!!!!

What? No go over penalties? No score 3 deer and 2 elk in one contest? No moose?!!

This sounds way too simple! :)

Count me in. I guess I could donate my time again to keep up with the scores if everyone was okay with the way I kept up with it last year.

I'm interested as well, I didn't do it last year, but thought it looked like a good time. I'm sure I'll get last place.

WYmoose

Curtis, I think to get more people to stay in the contest a prize should be given to last place as long as they enter a score in 10 contests, and maybe a prize for a mystery final score.

Nmbighorn

I really enjoyed last years contest,maybe do away with the penalty for over guessing. I think it should be closet.If someone is 1/8th over, should that not be a better guess than someone who is 5 pts. under?Great contest though helps everyone with their scoring.

I'm in and like the idea of all deer and straight score no over score penalty.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

I thought it was very informative and educational.
I am in!!

I liked the mixed scoring of animals but am ok with just deer this year.

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

Great will do. NMbighorn, what do you mean by a mystery final score, Im interested? Like draw a number out of a hat for someone that played through to the end? If so I really like it.
Curtis Wilson

I guess.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Monarch, you could just pick a numbered position or even a score that matches, example before the contest starts you pick a number like 45 3/8 and say Gator final overall score is closest at 45 1/8 he will win the mystery score prize, something like that.

nmbighorn

so I won already cool. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Well I hope we get more then 50 to play, but if we don't oh well we will have fun without the rest of you. Anyway a few people have offered for some giveaway items, just hoping a few more of out there might be able to help with some prizes. Pleas elet me know if you can.
Curtis Wilson

Last on the list, I LIKE THAT PRIZE. Sure to win it too, I taint good at scoring....that sound about right for a hillbilly?

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for offering to do the scoring contest again this year. I am always trying to improve my field judging and the contest is great practice.

I would be happy to buy a DVD or something from this site and donate it to the contest.

Since you are planning to only feature mule deer this contest, perhaps you could add additional scoring parameters in addition to gross score to help our field judging that us hunters are always trying to judge in the field. It also might serve to provide more separation between contestants. One example would be gross score plus greatest outside spread.

I also think videos and field photos would be a great help whenever you can provide them. I for one seem to have a harder time judging mounted animals vs live animals (or photos of dead ones) for whatever reason.

Anyhow, however you decide to work it I'm in for the contest...

Horniac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom