scouting when you have people either scouting for their season
or actually hunting for a full two weeks before I hunt? Also
isn't scouting during other hunters hunting season a real good
way to loose some teeth? The last thing I want to accomplish
when I'm scouting is to ruin another hunters hunt but it seems
it sure could happen.At 1400 miles away I won't be able to scout
any earlier than a few days before my hunt. Hoping to hear your
thoughts.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-10 AT 01:33PM (MST)[p]By the time you get there, the bulls should be pretty vocal. Take a drive in the early mornings and at night, you'll be able to hear the bugling, should give you an idea of the number of bulls. Also if you want to look at water holes do it at mid day most hunters sit water in the morning and evening. Stop by the camps and ask nicely on what they have been seeing, let them know you are not a guide and you have the third hunt? Most hunters are pretty good guys, they should give good info especially the last two days of thier hunt.

Good Luck

www.gilawildernesshunting.com

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom