Season On Utah Prairy Dogs?

deadI

Very Active Member
Did any of you guys here in utah listen to the sportsmans voice on wednesday with Tony Abott, they were talking about how there is now a prairy dog season from April 1, to June something. I was wondering if anyone else hered this and what they thought, or is it a big joke.
DeadI

I just don't think it is an Aprils Fools joke, because the press release came out on March 25th and was revised on April 2.

Rut

I heard that you arent supposed to shoot them until june 1. I'll bet the reason is because some hippie enviormentalist said we were killing baby pop guts. I thought they were a varment that we were supposed to iraticate. Plus shooting them with my 22-250 and watching them explode is a lot of fun.

I've never heard of prarie dog season, I just use lemon pepper and garlic salt on 'em. (lol) It might help take the stank off 'em though.

YA

THE SEASON RUNS FROM APRIL 1ST TO MARCH 31ST!!!

WHEN WILL THE UDWR BE ISSUING LICENSES???

WILL IT BE EITHER SEX???

THE ONLY bobcat SEASONING PRARIE DOGS YEAR A ROUND!!!

At least they are not "protecting" them because they are "endangerd" like they are trying to do here in Wyoming. They are so "endangerd" there is a tow of a thousand of them right across the street, right now, in the middle of town. Thats more people then I see, we must be "endangerd" here in Wyoming too!
Michael

Yeah, they are endangered here in Colorado as well. There's only like 4 billion left.

Dutch
Do you have any contacts that need some thinning out on their land?
Utah screwed my annual May shoot.

Arizona has a similar closed season to protect them while breeding and young.(I sure did like hunting them during the rut when they'd come a runnin' to a shrill chirp through the bugle tube.j/k) Regardless, most of the towns around Flagstaff have died out due to the plague(dang, those pesky fleas). It was abummer to drive out to your favorite town and see it lifeless.
Some contractors building in winter even hafta worry about burying them under foundations when the dogs are hibernating. Local greenies even delayed construction of soccer fieldds until the unhibernating dogs could be trapped in the spring. It's a whacko world!

Doug/RedRabbit