Seeking any Info. on Units 40, 41, or 42 for deer hunt

H

Hanson

I want to put in on one of these hunts (40, 41, 42) for mule deer but have limited info. right now. Looking for any advice on where to go, how to get there, anything would help. Thanks Fellas.

Well it's not too difficult. Summer time they are up high, but during the draw hunts, which don't start till november they will follow the doe's down lower. Just get on Google Earth and you can do some desktop scouting.

The draw odd's on 40 are pretty slim, especially if you are from out of state. 41 is not near as hard but not near as good. I doubt anyone on here with hard earned knowledge will share, especially this time of year.

I've applied for 40 almost every year since "92." Missed 2 years cause I didn't want the license, applied for 41 once. i guess thats 0 for 12???

41 odds are twice as good. I've been in those 2 units once, just looking around. 40 is better country.

Get as high as possible and the deer will be somewhere below you. That cuts there location by 50%. good luck....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom