Sell your NV ram tag to my son please

Ca_Hntr

I heard from Epic that NV just passed a law allowing you to transfer big game tags to anyone 12-17 years old.

If you (or wife, whoever) draw a NV Ram tag this year, and don't particularly want it - or would just prefer cash - please PM me your details. I would be interested in making you an offer for it. For my 14 year old son.

Thanks
Mike

Edit: also interested in bull elk or buck deer in the Pioche/Ely area.

And not interested in taking tags from the disabled. @trimtab473

Last edited:
Hope you aren’t trying to fraud a non profit organization. Simple google search and it looks like the transfer is only to non profit orgs that can give the tag to someone like a disabled youth

1680831152610.jpeg

I am not interested in doing anything illegal. My apologies for upsetting you.

This is the information I was sent:

Chapter 502 of NRS is hereby amended by adding thereto a new section to read as follows:
The Commission shall adopt regulations establishing a program which authorizes a person to transfer his or her tag to hunt a big game mammal to any person who is under 18 years of age.

Hey a hole take it down a notch. He didn’t mean anything by it. I’m the MM ass hole not you.
I’ll tone it down that’s my short fuse showing. As someone with a near and dear family member with special needs/disability I have seen firsthand what good programs for these people can do, particularly though hunting and the thought of someone potentially taking advantage of that makes my blood boil. However as posted above I appear to be standing corrected

NV auction tags go for $140k - $150k. Just buy your son one of those! A regular draw tag might be worth $100k? What are you thinking?

If OP is legit, I'm thinking it will be a low-ball offer, a small fraction of what a desert bighorn auction tags or hunt in Mexico would cost.

I personally wouldn't sell a desert bighorn tag I drew if I could for any price. Even if it were enough to buy a Mexican hunt or auction tag and the money came from selling the tag, it would be tough to justify spending that much on a hunt. It would be easier to go and enjoy the hunt! Like 3/4 of the people chasing tags everywhere offered, odds are I'll die with a boatload of points.

True story, the bill is SB 311 and currently being talked about in the Nevada legislature. Link below. Doesn't look like it has passed yet but being talked about.

I personally wouldn't sell a desert bighorn tag I drew if I could for any price. Even if it were enough to buy a Mexican hunt or auction tag and the money came from selling the tag, it would be tough to justify spending that much on a hunt. It would be easier to go and enjoy the hunt! Like 3/4 of the people chasing tags everywhere offered, odds are I'll die with a boatload of points.
Wish more people were like you! I’m afraid it’s a slippery slope being able to sell tags you draw….

If I drew a desert tag and could give it away I would give it to littlebighorn. He loves sheep on another level. I would print off an OTC sheep tag up here and still get my sheep fix in haha.

Chances are slim to none if this passes that NDOW would allow sale/barter of tags. So I wouldn’t get your check book out just yet.

Here to eat my nice hot plate of crow and to apologize to ca hunter. Reading that, I hope they change it up because as is it’s going to be the Wild West of an after market for tags. At least make it to a family member not anyone who contacts you asking for it

OP should just save some money and take his kid to go shoot a Class 4 Aoudad. Horns that curl and terrible meat. Mission accomplished.

I’d encourage all Nevada residents to comment on this bill in opposition. This is a law drafted by politicians who have zero clue what the outcome will be. If passed the Dow will have no choice but to have a bidding market for tags which just destroys the system in place currently. I can’t imagine that is what they want either!!!! I’m ok with allowing transfers to an extent, say a next of kin under 18, but a complete unrestricted transfer of tags just makes this the Wild West and completely unmanageable. Think about the poaching! Game warden stops someone with no tag and they say oh it’s ok my buddy is transferring it to me right now. Problem solved only if caught!!!

Here is the link to support/oppose and comment. I support it as written with the caveat no sales/bartering associated with the tags.

A number of other states allow transfer of a tag to a relative minor. No issues that I’ve heard. IF this passes, then it will be the time to send comments to NDOW and the wildlife commission so they get the program right (no sales).

This is a little absurd in my opinion. These coveted tags should not be sold at all. I can get behind transferring to a relative minor such as child, grandchild, niece or nephew. But not any youth to be sold to the highest bidder.

If for any reason this passes it should cost the transferror any points they had and put them into the waiting period as well. Otherwise, who’s to stop a high point holder from obtaining tags multiple times and making a killing of selling the tags. Complete B.S.!

And Nevada chapter of BHA is in support of this bill. Somone on their BOD or committee must have a kid they want to buy a sheep tag for. I surprised they are in support of such a poorly written bill.

This is a little absurd in my opinion. These coveted tags should not be sold at all. I can get behind transferring to a relative minor such as child, grandchild, niece or nephew. But not any youth to be sold to the highest bidder.

If for any reason this passes it should cost the transferror any points they had and put them into the waiting period as well. Otherwise, who’s to stop a high point holder from obtaining tags multiple times and making a killing of selling the tags. Complete B.S.!

And Nevada chapter of BHA is in support of this bill. Somone on their BOD or committee must have a kid they want to buy a sheep tag for. I surprised they are in support of such a poorly written bill.
Well said, agree 100%. What’s strange is these are just politicians coming up with this, not someone at the Dow. Wonder where politicians get ideas for bills? Follow the money..

I just directs NDOW to develop a tag transfer program. NDOW and the Commission will decide how to regulate it.

This is a terrible idea, period. Sure someone in your family, your 70 and want your grandson to have it. But not this mess.

This is a terrible idea, period. Sure someone in your family, your 70 and want your grandson to have it. But not this mess.
Think about what this will do to resident draw odds now that everyone’s not hunting cousin, wife, grandma, aunt, housekeeper etc is now going to put in for tags to give little Johnny a better chance with a transfer. I totally oppose this and hope others who do will vote their opinion on that website

Kids already have so much opportunity in Nevada. I think we are better off when tags are non-transferrable. Call me selfish but my kids have all had to learn to love tagging along with dad while waiting their turn for tags. They all seem to love hunting just fine and have been able to draw some great tags of their own as well.-----SS

I've never applied for sheep tags anywhere but I would start if I could sell the tag. Nah, probably not. You have to buy the license every year to get a point and by the time I drew I'd be into it more than I could sell the tag for. And I wouldn't live that long to boot. Dumb idea.

Yep. For a nonresident to fork out $250 a year for 50 years for maybe a 10% chance of drawing a tag wouldn't be a good investment.

Used to be this way in Idaho, I remember being in line to apply for a sheep tag and watching a father and son apply 5 people in their family all for the same tag. Grandma, Grandpa, Dad, Mom, and son. Now that kid has 4 “bonus entries” in a completely random draw

Kids already have so much opportunity in Nevada. I think we are better off when tags are non-transferrable. Call me selfish but my kids have all had to learn to love tagging along with dad while waiting their turn for tags. They all seem to love hunting just fine and have been able to draw some great tags of their own as well.-----SS
Work your way up...trophy for all doesn't translate to a strong nation IMO.

Work your way up...trophy for all doesn't translate to a strong nation IMO.
Too many Coors...Myself as a child, always loved the draw! Was better in the day but still get excited regardless. Grab another and smile!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom