Seriously though, I am done after this with posting non western big game

fishfurlife

I lucked out again with a great public land archery buck to finish my season off here in Oklahoma. In the spirit of hunting Muleys, I spot and stalked this buck and was able to shoot him at 10 steps.

Now I am geared up about a January 1 Archery hunt and a whole lot of waterfowl hunting in between now and then.

Big-2.jpg

Big8-3.jpg

>Being stuck up in a tree
>is so over-rated.
>
>Great pic and thanks for sharing.
>

As humbly as I can put it, putting the sneak on one of these things is stinking tough. Thank goodness this guy was caught up in thinking about his next lady friend. I am sure the Coues deer must be next to impossible to stalk.

and you are right, Sitting in a stand can be overrated at times. That's why I love heading to NM to chase muleys with the bow. It gives me that spot and stalk fix.

>NW part of the state.

I'm from that area...have a lot of family still in Woodward and Ellis Counties. Got my hunter's safety in OK when I was 9 and moved to NM when I was 11.

Whitetails are booming out there for sure. There are deer everywhere there wasn't 25 years ago.

Might have to buy a tag and chase some whitetails out there next year. My cousins might even have tabs on a couple of good mulies worth chasing out there as well.