SFW Deer Proposal

Don since you are one here answering questions.
I have a concern that everyone on this sight seems to overlook. It would help the point creep.

The bonus point system is flawed! You can put your family members in the point pool buy purchasing a bonus point. Put them im for different species. Then when you draw your tag you piggy back on them so you leap ahead of the other hunters in the point pool. Then you just turn in you family members tag and use their points again in a few years.

Has anyone even thought that this is going on. I learned about it several years ago at an archery league. Almost every one new about it but didn't want to talk about it. They were using it to their advantage.

Any thought on this?

Archery is a year round commitment!!

SW,

the piggy back on your friends and family, then turn their tag back in, get their points back and do it again was never intended in the BP process.

sounds as if another change the committee could look at.

could you forward this to me at [email protected] and i will pass it up the ladder to those on the committee.

Don

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-08 AT 11:27PM (MST)[p]Don:

Why is it that you will talk about the SFW proposal on this issue but refuse to talk about the request for he nonresident tags for your convention? Is there always a hidden agenda with you? I am tired of this crap. I will no longer try and hunt in Utah. You have turned me, and many more, away from Utah hunting.

Utah residents need to watch and learn from the spider bull situation on the Monroe. Utah wildlife is being sold to the highest bidder. SFW/Don Peay has been leading this charge. This mule deer proposal will add a lot of limited hunting. This will increase the number of mature bucks! There is not any question of this. The once every five years draw simply does not add up. The real question is how many conservation tags/convention tags will result. Furthermore, will Don's WTO benefit?

A little food for thought.

Here is some additional information on the DWR deer survey, i got a chance to look at the data in some more detail

18,453 UTah deer hunters were surveyed.

8,216 responded.

612 were archers
2315 were MZ
2830 were Rifle huntters
681 Dedicated hunters
497 hunted combo deer and elk
600 applied for limited entry only deer hunting
681 were anotehr combined sort.

That is an approximately 44% response rate, which is very good. Most surveys get a 10-15% response rate.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-08 AT 10:19PM (MST)[p]Don- why doesnt sfw put together their own survey and make the web link known through various web sites/magazines.and use this data for the proposal.i personally didnt see the dwr survey or see a link on where to find it.the survey answers that you posted here did seem like they were directing for the same out come. how can you ask a hunter if he would like to shoot bigger deer? of course he does.some of the questions could have been about; more units,youth hunts,bonus/preference points,mandatory reporting,3 pt. or better areas etc. if only 5% of tags are LE than why does it seem that 25% of the state is LE areas? just a few questions/thoughts.keep at it guys hopefully we see change for the better.thanks everybody for sharing your opinions BTW-there is another website that put together a survey only 200 or so responded, but i thought it was an ok survey.it seemed to be directed toward what we thought about the DWR and our states current status. i will try to post the data later

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom