She did it!!!!!

nmyotebuster

After going hard all month, it all finally came together.

This is my oldest daughter, Cristina, she is 11 years old, and this was her first big game hunt. I think she is hooked.

DSC02215.jpg

This would not have been possible without the kindness of another hunter and his daughter. We ran into them early in the morning, and exchanged hellos etc. They were hunting quail, and after a bit of conversation we went our separate ways.

We soon jumped 2 that made it to the fence line before we could get a shot, and then saw another 9 thumbing their noses at us from the "safe zone"

Later that afternoon we again ran into the hunter we met this morning and he said they had seen some recently in that direction. Not only did they show us where, but then helped us glass them up. 600 yds away.

My daughter and I began the stalk and covered about 300 of the yds as they fed down a small slope, bad thing was, there was 1 bush between us and them, and it was 2'x2' and another 100 yds away, we hit our bellies and army crawled for 10 minutes to get to the bush.

They had fed to a distance of what I figured to be 300 yds. She knelt behind the tripod I had setup just to the side of the bush, and as I was trying to tell her what to do ( cause dad knows everything, right?), she shot. I immediately threw up my binoculars and only saw butts running away. I thought she missed. She then screamed "HE FELL DOWN!" I looked back where she was looking and there he was.

Pretty good shot at over 300 yds if I do say so myself. ( if this is too graphic, please remove the pic, not the post. )

DSC02228.jpg

The hunter we met then proceeded to help me clean and load the beast in the back of my truck.

Ed if you read this, I cannot thank you enough, your time and help to a STRANGER, restores my faith in man.

Sorry for the long post but the pride in my heart is only over shadowed by the love I have for my daughter.

NMYB

Woot! Woot! Back straps for Thanksgiving! :) Congrats to my niece! I am proud of her. Great looking bull also! As I have said before, ANY offrange oryx is a good one! Too bad I had to work and missed the hunt....

Very nice job! Congrats to the hunter. I can't wait to get my daughters out hunting with me. Good job dad in showing your daughter the way.

Thanks everyone.

I couldn't be more proud of her. The only problem now is who gets to shoot the 30.06 when we go chase deer or elk? She shoots better than I do.

Happy thanksgiving to all, I know what I am thankful for.

NMYB

First off CONGRATS to the little lady!

Second, since you mentioned it. There is absolutely no reason to apologize for the length of this post unless it would be for the shortness of it. There is nothing in the world like taking your kids hunting and the feelings that come with it. Add into the mix that a total stranger helped you out and you have a GREAT post.
Looks like you just got a reason to add to the gun safe of you ask me. Let her have "her" gun, because that's what it just became and pick yourself out a new shiny toy for Christmas!!!LOL

Congrats to a fine looking oryx. That is pretty cool fro the strenger not only to tell you where they were at but to actually help load it.

NMYB,

Awesome to hear she pulled it out and got a great looking oryx! Congrats to her and to you for being such an involved dad! my best memories are going out with my dad and every year I look forward to making new ones with him!

Once again tell your little hunter congrats for me!

Way to go girl, I'm going to have start putting in for that draw in NM I think I need one of those long horns.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Awesome!!!!!!! I like her.

That is one heck of a bite she took out of the heart of her first big game animal ;)

Congratulations to the little lady!! Great story!! I took an off range cow this July and by no means is that an easy hunt.

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
4b0fe10505408dfe.jpg

Yotebuster, congrats to your daughter! And congrats to you for raising a successful young hunter. I think that heart shot tells the story quite well! Looks like she could teach a few of us how to shoot...
-Cody

wow!! proud daughter!!! congrats to her! offrange is very hard as crazey say!! but glad she was able to connect one! nice shot also!!

vinihunt

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom