shed dog

W

walkerman

hey just wanted some pointers ideas on how to start training a pup to find sheds i just got a mountain cur pup is this breed even capable? any thoughts or ideas would be helpful

Walkerman go to" still packin in Nevada" and check out the dogs on there, if I can train my shi-tzu to find antlers you ought to be able to train your dog. lol

walkerman, check out antlerdogs.com or just punch up shed hunting on the computer and you will find info on traing shed dogs. Or if you like you can send me a PM with your phone number and I'll tell you how I started my dogs.
Everything I've read about Mountain Curs is good and I found a website that talks about using them for shed hunting. It sounds like the Cur breeds can do anything. They seem to also be the breed of choice for coyote decoy dogs which I've been looking into. fatrooster.

Here are a couple of shed dog photo's.
Daisy as a pup in training.
HPIM1324.jpg

Daisy holding one for me last year. Probably about 1.5 years old.
082.jpg

Elk antler from last November.
Nov2009017.jpg

Training is fun and very rewarding. fatrooster.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-10 AT 08:10AM (MST)[p]I am just starting to get gunner going outside he is finding sheds great inside. We just need spring!
Here he is at 13 weeks
31442-9-10_dog.jpg

Sorry this one is a little blurry (hard to get him to slow down)

84932-9-10_dog2.jpg

Thats cool , I have a dashound that loves sheds , only problem he's only 8" tall and has to drag the big ones , I want to take him out but you cant see him in the sage brush,I need to get gps on him, Labs are the best ,way cool pics

ARCHRYBLL, Gunner is a great lookin' pup. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
PrestigeWorldWide, I found a story on the internet about a guy who uses a dashound to find sheds. I'll try to find it again and let you know where it is. fatrooster.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom