Shed from last trip

NvrEnuf

Very Active Member
This is a picture of one of the sheds I picked up a couple of weeks ago. Between forgetting the camera and getting to excited picking up sheds and didn't take many photo's of the as they lay type but I thought this one was pretty neat. In 2 days I picked up 48 sheds and found a couple of winter kills. One of the sheds that I picked up was my biggest typical to date. It's measures just over 80 inches. The first day I only picked up 10. The second day was my best ever. 38 sheds in about 10 hours. The funny thing is that during the first 2 1/2 hours I didn't pick up a thing. The last part of the day was great though. Until this trip I hadn't left many sheds behind. This time I left a dozen or more. They were very old and rotted. One that I left would have been a big one but the tines were rotted off x(. It had great mass. I wonder what it would have looked like 15 years ago?

This pic. is one of the times when I had the camera and just had to use it. The picture doesn't show how cool this one looked when I walked up on it. It was really neat. This is also one of the heaviest sheds I picked up that weekend.
fc1c611c.jpg

NvrEnuf

great find & great picture NvrEnuf. One day I might find a canyon or two similar to the horn huntin honey holes you have found. But as for now I will just have to be thrilled with the 5-10 antlers I find each year.

Lets see a picture of that 80 inch antler, must be a big one.

borntohunt

sounds like fun. hopefully i'll have your luck next year when i finally get time to go out.

berto

Berto, be careful what you wish for. It's always fun to come in and tell you guys about the successful shed hunting trips. I haven't bothered to bore you with the crappy ones. For example, I have gone out for a few hours here and there for during the last 3 weeks. Maybe a total of around 15-20 hours or so. I haven't found a freakin' antler. Between the tall grass and bad luck I'm just not picking them up? It helps to know that persistance will eventually pay off but sometimes it just seems like it takes forever to do so. Especially when it's so dang hot! At least the bucks are starting to grow their antlers back now so you can do a little scouting while your shed hunting.

Good luck to you on your future trips!

Born, I am still planning to post a pic of that 80 incher. I just haven't finished the roll and got them developed yet. Man I need a digital camera!

NvrEnuf

well at least your still getting out, all i've been doing is yard work, work then more yard work. hav'nt even had time to get out on the horses. sounds like you have had some good luck at times though 48 sheds is quite a few sheds.

Here is a picture of the winter kill that I found on my trip May 1st. I spotted this bucks antler sticking out of the brush from about 350yds. I wasn't sure that it was even an antler but decided to go check it out. Thanks goodness I didn't talk myself out of it!

Borntohunt, I finally got these pictures developed and the ones of that 80" shed I found didn't really turn out worth a crap. They don't show how big it is at all. I will take some more pictures of it and all of my other sheds I found this year and post them in a while.
fc1c807c.jpg

fc1c807f.jpg

The pictures make him look bigger than he really is. The buck is 24" wide and I rough scored him in the 150's. He is probably the most symmetrical buck I have ever put a tape on with only less than 2" of deductions total!

Have a good one.

NvrEnuf

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom