Shed hunt swap?

NVMDF

Fellow shed hunters, I am interested in finding some nice
brown elk sheds for a project I want to do, heres the catch.
I want to find the shed, I don't want to buy them. I am
willing to trade someone a weekend of mule deer shed hunting in
my best spot for a weekend of elk shed hunting in a area of your
choice, all I ask is the chance to find 8 new 5pt. or 6pt. elk sheds. I spent a lot of time around Northern Nevada this year
and walked many many miles looking for elk sheds without much
luck. I have access to some great private property, and you will
find nice brown deer sheds, I don't hunt on ATV's, it's all foot
work. I would like to stay within a few hundred miles of home,
Utah or Idaho would be best, but Colorado or Wyoming would be
open also. If any of you are interested feel free to contact me.

Thanks, NVMDF

NVMDF,

Keep in mind you will probably have to find about 24 brown elk sheds before you find 8 that you will consider good enough to use in a chandelier or similar project. I am having a good friend of mine build me a chandelier out of muley sheds I have picked up over the years, ever considered using muley sheds for your project instead?

Around here the elk drops from this spring won't be brown on the top side if you pick them up now...unless they were dropped in the timber and then they will have gnaw marks.

You may have to wait until next year to find that much brown elk. I'd be willing to help you out if you are still looking then.

berto

berto,
I understand what you mean, I'm not building a light
fixture, I don't Have a house large enough to hang even
A small one, My wife is going plant crazy, she thinks
our house needs to look like the Amazon Jungle and she's
all over me to do something with my sheds. I told her
that it would be hard to build a 5' or 6' plant stand out
of deer sheds, I would need elk sheds. I should have stated
prior that It would not be until next year. Keep it in the
back of your mind and we will see come next winter.

Thanks, NVMDF

I want more muley sheds but can't bring myself to buy them either. I think I have the solution to both of our problems. I can go ahead and purchase a few elk sheds, lay them out in the hills for you to find and then you can get me in on the muley sheds. Just kidding. I would be glad to give you some starting points here in UT if you send me a private e-mail. The aeas are pretty steep. They are also very thick with grass and the leaves on the oak brush will make it even more difficult. I am not sure were you are from but I remember that it is not Nevada from another post. If your close enough to me and feel it might be worth the effort?

Good luck

NvrEnuf

heck come down to n az and i can take ya out in a day and you will find some nice 5 and 6 i at least find a shed about every hour when im out but i walk my ass off i think that this year ive found aproximatly 50 sheds two deer sheds were non typical i found a 340 elk set a 150 deer set and a huge white tail side maybe over a 100 incher if other side matched e-mail me

Tsiuboys, Where in AZ do you live? Send some pics if you've got some scanned. I live in Rimrock which is by Camp Verde. I found a big 13 pounder this year but it was 3 years old. I found the other side to it 2 years ago about 150 yards away. It's an 8x6 set that measures 340" without a spread. My best set to date. I'd post them on here but I don't know how. How old is the Coues shed?

Talk at ya later,

Josh

LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-03 AT 08:14PM (MST)[p]Hey I live in Utah and was just wondering what state you live in and what state your best spot to hunt deer sheds were, because I might be able to help you out! My buddy and I hunt deer and elk sheds in AZ,UT,NV, and Wyoming, and are pretty successful. Something that might helpful to you is knowing that we hunt them year round. We are always interested in new area's and enjoy finding those brownies! We would be glad to take you out if you would send me a private e-mail about this!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom