sheep apps. what states do you need licenses for?

joebobhunter4

i was wondering what states you need licenses for out of these ones to apply for sheep.. im kinda of confused with them... and if you know how much a license is for the states that you need a license to apply for is? for nonresidents...

oregon
new mexico
colorado
washington
idaho

and if there are any other states you can apply for for deserts or bighorns...

the states i kind of konw about now because of a few people on here are helping me out on are

arizona
nevada

and i dont know much about utah but im pretty sure you dont need a license for there.

thanks for your help.

>what states do you need licenses for

OR - Yes $76 or so
NM - No, just $6 app fee
CO - No, send in the tag fee, they keep $3
WA - No, but there is a $50 app fee
ID - Yes, $142 or so
UT - No, but in 2008 they may require a license to apply
WY - No, but they keep $100 from your refund
NV - Yes, $150 or so
AZ - Yes, $150 or so

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

MNHunter,

The CO game changes shortly with the requirement to buy a license of some sort in order to accrue points, or pay an additional fee without license purchase.

UT also goes this way come middle of next year.

Most all of this will be addressed in the state by state breakdown printed in Grand Slam magazine (www.grandslamclub.org) in the next issue.

joebobhunter4,

New Mexico you can put in for Desert for $6. They'll hit your credit card for the full $3K+ if you draw. There is no point program in NM at present. So it's an all or nothing shot in NM with no bonus or preference point accrual.

Joebobhunter4,

Wyoming and Idaho will offer similar odds, but the kicker for me is in Wyoming at least you know that you're applying for an actual tag with a set non-resident quota. In Idaho, you never know where a non-resident will be drawn. Also, Wyoming's $100 point fee is still cheaper than Idaho's license fee.

Just my 2 cents.

>MNHunter,
>
>The CO game changes shortly with
>the requirement to buy a
>license of some sort in
>order to accrue points, or
>pay an additional fee without
>license purchase.

I know they did that last year for Elk, deer and lop but I wasn't aware they are going to do it for sheep and goats. Thanks for the info Brenton

- Abraham Lincoln

MNHunter,

It's not set in stone yet, must be approved by the Wildlife Commission. But it looks like it is headed that way from some of the documents I've been able to take a look at.

joebob,
Odds in Wyoming (and most states) depend on the unit you apply for, and the number of points you have. If you have limited or no points in Wyoming, Idaho has the best odds because the don't have a point system. Some units in Wyoming are much easier to draw, but have very few sheep, so it is a trade off. I drew a Wyoming sheep in Wyoming in 04 and I had a 40% chance of drawing, but I had the maximum points.

dont waste your time putting in for NM. Please tell all of your hunting buddies the same. HE HE.

but putting in for wyoming how much do you have to send in to apply? to me it seems like you have to send in the full $1,901 just to apply then they send $1,801 back to you with 1 pref. point say if you are starting... or am i wrong?

I don't apply in ID but I believe it is all up front with them as well

- Abraham Lincoln

Yes, ID is all up front as well. No internet application. Must buy the license and front the tag fees to get into the draw.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom