Sight Selection Questions

FullCurlHunter

I have some questions on sights.

Specifically, I am contemplating a fixed multi pin sight vs. an adjustable one pin.

Further, I am looking at the Surloc Sportsmans Special, Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg and the spot hogg fixed multi pins.

I will be using it for Hunting whitetails here in the midwest and two trips out west for Mule deer in the highcountry this fall.

QUESTION: Thos who have used or currently use an adjustable single pin or adjustable sight for that matter have:

1. missed an opportunity at an animal due to the sight and having it set incorrectly for yardage or the animal moving on you and not having the ability to adjust the sight.

This is my biggest fear with the sight. The country I hunt is mostly timber in the midwest so a 20 - 30 yard shot is the norm and not too big of deal. I plan on spot and stalk out west in the mountains and hopefully having time to range a deer prior to it moving on me so I can set the yardage.

I am attracted to the single pin, less crowded sight window and adjustability down the yard.

However, these sights add more complication to hunting that a fixed multi pin sight.

I guess I am wondering if they have ever caused more complication and missed opportunities in using the adjustable sights.

For those who have switched from one to the other, what made you do so and are you happy with the decision?

Thanks
Please note, although no boardcode and smiley buttons are shown, they are still useable

Sounds like you should look at the XR sight, by G5. Best of both worlds, it has 3 fixed pins and one adjustable. Less cluttered sight window but still with the ability to dial it out for longer shots.

I've never tried a single pin adjustable sight, it always just seemed to complicated to me. I have never had a problem with my spott hogg 7-deadly pin site. I range the animal and put the appropriate pin on the animal and let er rip.

with the speed of the new bows the Surloc Sportsmans Special is hard to beat. set it at around 27 yards and you wont miss anything under 35 yards.

This is the sight I'm going to use. After I have shot a freestyle bow it is hard to go back to all the clutter with all the pins. the 7 deadly pins is the worst as far as clutter goes.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom