Sitka question

Mallards_Only

Are there any significant changes in the 90% line in Sitka model years '07, '08, and '09? Or, are they essentially the same--aside from the camo options?

I don't think so but you should call Sitka to find out for sure. I guess I should know that but I am not a big fan of the 90% so it really is not on my radar. Sorry.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Wade when are you going to get to try the new Sitka stuff? I am anxiously awaitng your reviews...

Oh, that is an old discussion. Feel free to search some of the old strings if you want but I don't want to start it up again.

It is a good piece of gear and has been very popular, it just doesn't fit in my program. I am a pretty staunch lighter is righter, three layer guy. Base, insulation and shell. If I do carry a fourth layer it is another insulation piece for severe weather or severe changes in weather. Different strokes for different folks. That's all.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

What 3 pieces would you go with for best all-around coverage? I know you haven't received the new '09 pieces yet but, assuming they're everything they say they are, what do you think is the best combo for active spot and stalk deer/elk hunting in climates from early Sept to late November?

From Sitka, sight unseen. Shell-either the Stormfront or Stormfront Lite Gore-Tex Jacket and pant, Insulation-the Primaloft Kelvin Jacket (wish it had pit zips). Base-Core Zip-T or Traverse Zip-T and matching bottoms (I have not tested these either but they are made from Polartec Power Dry and Power Stretch fabric respectively which is outstanding stuff).

For lighter, more moderate weather conditions I like the Jetstream Jacket with Gore Wind Stopper/pit zips and the Ascent Pants.

Gore-Tex, Primaloft, Gore Wind Stopper, Polatec Power Dry and Power Stretch. Those are some of the best names in this business. The only questions are about weight and noise.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom