Sled Springs

HoofsUp

Anyone hunt the Sled Srpings unit for archery elk? I am going to put in here and plan on scouting it, but I thought I could get some starting places from here. Thanks for the tips and send them private if you want.

What is the sled springs unit like. Is it similar to the wenaha as far as terrain or is it a lot different. Obviously it must not have the bull numbers but is somewhat easy to draw so thats a plus. Does it have mostly public land and is there pack in areas or is it all roaded. Thanks nwhunter

it is all roaded, but they are just closed to the public during hunting season. The loggers might be coming in and out of there all season. The terrain looks to be similar. You can see the wenaha unit from sled. it is just across the river. if you kill something down in the breaks good luck getting it out, even if you have horses. it is a 2000ft drop in a 1/4 of a mile in a lot of the places. There are a lot of elk in there you just have to take your time. There are a lot of good spots. Follow the cow herds in the summer and into the fall. It is hard to find those bulls in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom