Small Business Owners & Self Employed

notdonhunting

Very Active Member
We have quiet a few guys on this site that are small business owners and self employed, many various types of buisnesses too many to start to name. You all are the back bone of alot of communities especially small communities.
Some government programs are needed and
we need government workers and we diffintly need first responders and law enforcement, but without small buisnesses hiring the pepole of these communities especially rural communities there would not be the taxes generated to cover the costs of goverment programs, government workers, first responders and law enforcement.
The small business owners willingness to help support various organizations and programs of the communities that they are apart of is greatly under appreciated. Most small buisnesses give way more to there communities than they are able to wright off of there taxes. The donations and various ways that small buisnesses help generate money for youth programs, volunteer fire departments, volunteer EMS and community improvements just to name a few is in the Hunderds of Billions of dollars and can never be supported by government programs there is just not enough taxes to go around.
It is terrible to watch small buisnesses and self employed get hurt and even destroyed by Covid-19 and these so called peaceful protesters (rioters). To see the government not only not willing to help small businesses but actually work against small businesses and self employed is treasonous and each government official that is found responsible for the destruction of small businesses should not only be throwing out of office they should be held legally responsible both criminally and lawsuit.
After all that has happened this past year I can not understand how anyone can think increase government control can help small businesses and the self employed.
We, me included can get pretty critical of others professions.
From me a volunteer first responder, a small buisness employee that is thankful to continue to work through Covid-19 and a person that has received good service from various self employed construction workers.
I would like to say thanks to all small business owners and self employed workers and government workers and i pray we will get the right government officials in office to help all small businesses and self employed and government workers to prosper.

Can we start by recalling Gavin Newsom? And can we get rid of Nancy Pelosi while we’re at it?

I own two small businesses and my wife also owns one. My electrical contracting business has done nothing but get busier and busier these last few years and Covid hasn’t slowed us down at all which is why I didn’t take any PPP money. My other business is co-owned with my son and his wife and is a burger joint. Luckily we have a drive thru and good food so I would say we’ve only seen a 15% drop in sales which is better than a lot of restaurants and enough money to keep on roll in’

My wife’s business is almost a hobby as she has no employees but she does generate sales tax for the crooks in Sacramento. All in all I pay a large amount of money between the three for payroll tax, sales tax, county assessor’s tax, vehicle taxes, etc. Then because my two businesses are sub chapter S corporations I get to pay income taxes on the profits even if I don’t take any money. Of course my CPA does his best to keep it at a minimum and within the law and I’m not going to lie, I do write off my expenses for my two yorkies since the IRS allows it. Gotta have security you know :)

Dont tell Buzz. He will tell everyone how a public union makes the world turn.

Go sit in a High school football game. The banners around the field speak volumes. Its not Amazon supporting the community.

Its Bobs plumbing. Or Johnson auto body.

It aint some CDC phd, its the local clinic doc who stands on the sidelines taping kids ankles.

And when the fires rage, some dude from a ranch, or insurance agency responds.

Arrogant jackwagons who have never put their name on anything. Never offered military discounts. Never answered the phone for "a friend" who is short that month. Never signed all the checks, and went home with a signature loan to cover. Never "sat in the driveway and cried", never missed a holiday. Never made the " I can't get there" call. Never laid under a truck all night mechanicing so they were on schedule that week. Never showed up broken, sprained, 9months pregnant. Never borrowed millions to plant, only to watch weather destroy it. Or watched as hay prices made livestock a loss.

Those arrogant A HOLES who spout chit like " they deserve to go broke"(our resident beauracrat in Wyoming), or the elected POS who believe they can flip a switch on shut down buisness, are among the USELESS in this country.

My heart hurts for the gym owners. The bar owners. The travel agents. The theater owners. All those folks who stepped up, and got crushed by a government that looks out for itself 1st and for most.

I agree with your point Hoss.
I just hope that when voters go to vote this November that they stop just for a minute and consider how his or her vote might affect there family, friends and neighbors. How we vote this year will most likely set a precident that will last a generation.
I know there is alot of banter on this site and other sites about Trump and Biden but truth be told it is bigger than the president it is about what and how we are going to be governed in the future.

Isn't a thin dimes worth of difference between the two...corporate shill on the left, another on the right.

Let me be the first to break it to you...neither give one small $hit about you, your family, or your friends.

Why do you suppose the big money guys contribute to both campaigns?

Keep believing there's really a "two party system" in place and keep dreaming that either side is better.

Isn't a thin dimes worth of difference between the two...corporate shill on the left, another on the right.

Let me be the first to break it to you...neither give one small $hit about you, your family, or your friends.

Why do you suppose the big money guys contribute to both campaigns?

Keep believing there's really a "two party system" in place and keep dreaming that either side is better.

Who is the union supporting?

Geez Buzz you gotta have it pretty good , do you work or not ? I didn’t know a G man can BS on the internet and get paid , your job must not require any physical or mental capabilities .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom