Smoked Deer meatloaf.

brutus54

Mesquite smoked Deer meat loaf. On a king Hawaiian pretzel bun with smoked Gouda cheese. And a little bit of a creamy mild horseradish sauce. It was awesome. It’s getting frozen and going on the deer hunt in Colorado in two weeks.

44CAB841-2C73-49AF-BFD3-D11AA209FE32.jpeg

2E283C48-38DC-4A77-B6E0-240DEE85967F.jpeg

DC79D0BC-DA34-4B32-A48A-7B776B9DB4F7.jpeg

Last edited:
I got venison, I got a Traeger, I got an appetite, please help with details on how long and at what temperature on the grill. I'd be grateful, preparing for my next hunt as well.

I got venison, I got a Traeger, I got an appetite, please help with details on how long and at what temperature on the grill. I'd be grateful, preparing for my next hunt as well.
I don’t use a recipe, but this one is pretty close to what I do. I like ketchup in my meatloaf too, and sometimes crushed saltines for some of the breadcrumbs. I also just pile it up (make it stiff) on a piece of foil - keeps things clean.

27F3D682-06C0-47E7-8FE7-351AE9B0A34B.jpeg

Last edited:
A couple of pounds of burger. I grind my own meat and I don’t add any fat to it until I’m ready to make something with it. I cut up a couple of slices of bacon, onion soup mix, diced jalapeños, worcestershire sauce, barbecue sauce, minced garlic, grated Colby jack cheese, two eggs, and seasoned breadcrumbs. I don’t measure nothing I just put in what looks good. I have a old little chief smoker that I use. I like Cherrywood for wild game but I tried Mesquite on this one turned out pretty good. After I ran 3 pans of chips through my smoker. I pulled it out and baked it in the oven at 375° for around 45 minutes until it looked brown on top. I’m looking at investing in either a Traeger or a Pit boss here in the future. I seem to be the only one with out one.? Oh and by the way I use the same recipe. And I’ll make hamburger patties with a burger press. And freeze them up and take them up camping or hunting for the grill also.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom