Snake Barley

MTunderRadar

2A45F010-014E-4373-91A9-EEBE3E3996F7.jpeg

Barley hay with added protein. You Haul.

Don’t show my wife. She HATES snakes. Quite a few years back we found a bull snake about 50 yards from camp. She freaked out and I had to break camp and move it a 1/4 mile away. Then once home I had to buy another outfitter tent. This one HAD TO have a sewn in floor. ??

Back in my poor days, the house we lived in was kinda porous. The roof was good, but doors/windows...eh. During winter snow storms it was not un common to find a couple inches on snow near the door to my bedroom.

On the day it was grocery day, Mom and I would clean the floors and it was my job to sweep, Mom would mop.

After we got home, it was my job to pick up mop strings. Soooo like a good little 7 year old kid, I bent over to pick up this mop string. Nope, not a mop string. A little, but big enough snake.

In 1973 we moved to Modesto, CA for a year. They had just completed Don Pedro Reservoir and were filling it up. As the water rose it forced all the critters to flee from the rising water. I remember reading an article about an elderly guy who went fishing and he failed to come home. They found him the next day dead laying at water's edge. The autopsy showed he had 14 Rattlesnake bites.

As a young kid, I was driving a propane tractor during the summer. Almost every time after lunch we would see one of those rattlers getting some shade.

The boss had the propane trailer out there so we could self fuel. It had a long enough hose to freeze a couple snakes. They were a lot easier to handle then.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom