Snow in 43

Chow_Hound

Coming to scout 43 next week, just wondering what conditions are. How much snow is still around? Are deer and elk in their summer patterns?

Thanks

Good luck!
I don't think a guy will be able to get into the high country until August. All the deer and the elk are still lower than to be expected right now. Most of the animals I've been seeing have been around 10,000 feet...
Coloradoboy

Blegit, sorry man, but that was pretty funny. 10,000 is where you get gas before you head to the high country!

I've noticed a lot of elk and deer moving up to 12,000+ the last two weeks. Might be hard for you to get there, but the critters are in the green above timberline now.

I will be there in mid Aug. scouting for the musket hunt. I get light headed above 5250 feet, think I can find a 180 at that elevation. I guess if not i'll just go back to the truck and sulk. If you want you can tell me where your honey hole is up high and i'll never make it.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-11 AT 10:42PM (MST)[p]>Are you high? 10,000 feet is
>not low.

LMAO

Like said above me.. 10,000 is where you start out on the trailhead at bud. The animals in this country are typically well above timberline at this point in time.
Coloradoboy

I took this buck in the high country of Colorado last year. I have hunted big game my whole life, and I have never had a more rewarding, fun experience as I did on that hunt. I am thankful I still have the health and getty up to get back into the remote country of Colorado. It truly is the most beautiful country in the world. Can't wait to start looking unit 43 over, I've heard good things if you do work. I'll stop joking around, it's about time to get busy.

416colorado_2010_024.jpg

I took this buck in the high country of Colorado last year. I have hunted big game my whole life, and I have never had a more rewarding, fun experience as I did on that hunt. I am thankful I still have the health and getty up to get back into the remote country of Colorado. It truly is the most beautiful country in the world. Can't wait to start looking unit 43 over, I've heard good things if you do work. I'll stop joking around, it's about time to get busy.

You can't get there from the Gunnison side for a few more weeks. 317 at Emerald Lake Avalanche
Shute is 20 + feet I don't know if the county will plow it in 2011. Paradise divide out of Slate is NOT OPEN. ATV?s making it about 1 mile towards Schofield over the Pass is the story I heard tonight. Tow companies are making some $$. Patience ? Patience?

Yo Z, I stumbled on to that skull 20 feet from where my buck went down. Just one of those days I guess.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom