Snow in Jeffrey City?

W

woodtick

Headin out this weekend to try and fill my whitetail tag, I here the snow is falling out there, can anyone confirm this?
Thanks

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

I agree. Are there. Well actually a buddy got what looked like a hybrid back in the 80's near there. Muleys are all I have seen though. The poster can look on the WYDOT website and there is a camera up at Pathfinder near the Register of the West and there is a camera at Rawlins and one west of JC up at Lander.

Pat C.

Yes Gentleman there are but a few whitetails up there, not very big or anything to get excited over. Wished I had known that before I put in for the tag :)
Thanks for the help.

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

well if you head over there wear your woolies ! Just looked and it's 4 degrees at Pathfinder and 2 IIRC at Lander. YeeHaa !

Pat C.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-10 AT 08:40PM (MST)[p]More like wool over down;-)Looks awfully cold can't imagine what the windchill is gonna be like tomorrow, Hopefully the wall tent stays warm enough!
Hopefully I find a fair buck I'll let ya guys know how it pans out.

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

Yes there are white tails,, on the sweet water. check out below split rock. Or the best accsess is off the mill road north of town. good luck

So do I need to look for your thawing half frozen body out there next summer ? Hope all went well.

Pat C.

Well we didn't kill a buck! I ended up shootin a doe the last day. This area has some nice freaking whitey's though. The only bad thing is there are only strips of BLM and WIA's between large tracks of private, every time we jumped a buck he would run straight to the private. 1st whitetail hunt down and it was fun.

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

:) first trips are a little nerve racking. At least for me. I'm waffling on trying for a general elk tag this coming fall. Still I think I can walk into a new area and get in gear in time. I'd prefer my first pick but I don't think I have enough points unless I get real lucky .

Pat C.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom