So who got a turkey ???

sigfour

Just wondering who went out this first hunt and got into a bird. I drew the 2nd hunt, starting this friday and was hoping to here some news, good or bad. how was the access? Anyone take the 300 rim road? Hope all who went had a great hunt as I plan to. Happy hunting.

-Sig
Find 'em. Learn 'em. Shoot 'em. Eat 'em.

I was at the North Kaibab and couldn't find a turkey or turkey track. The snow was thick at 7000 ft. When I got there it was raining and snowing. I beleive we got 2-4 inches of snow before it was done. 422 was closed past Big Springs and allot of people were hunting the southern part off 425. I talked to a few hunters and they saw what I did, nada!!! Quad blew a cv boot so I went home early. Will probally go back up after the second season. I just wondered where the turkeys were? Probally in Utah!

I posted my Goulds hunt in the "Great Outdoors" forum.

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://dougkoepsel.smugmug.com/
WetlandsWinterSignature.jpg

I have been drawn 4 years in a row now for 6a and this year is the worst i have seen it. Talked to alot of guys and nobody had seen any birds. I woke up fri with 2" of snow on the ground. I didnt hear any birds talking at all but managed to see 4 hens cross the road. Ive had several guys say that the winter has killed 30-40% of the bird population..anybody else hear that rumor??

RR Congrats on the Goulds!! I'm waiting for that tag. What unit did you hunt? How was the hunt? Good numbers? Good calling?

Unit 8 was not good for the jr hunt. We went 1 for 3 but few birds were seen and fewer heard. WM for the unit said there may have been a bad winter kill up over 50%.

RR Went back and read your story.... Awesome!!! Makes me envious of your hunt. Can't wait to have my own tag someday!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom