Something is happening

It is an HTTP 500 error. Either maintenance or an error on their site.... I would tend to agree that something is going on. If it is not maintenance, which I tend to think it would not be since it is Monday AM...should be done transparent to the end user, then it sounds like a programming error. I can reproduce the error with prior year applications as well. More than likely DB related (db associated with applications). Now, would be the time to look for backdoors.

In the past, I have been able to find backdoors with oryx...try buying an OTC oryx tag....if it lets you get to the stage of buying (you did not draw). If it gives you an error message (saying you can only have one tag), bingo....you drew.

I have heard of backdoors for elk but have been unable to replicate.

If you have insight to past backdoors on the draw...would love to hear them.

Thanks.

JBone

Applications viewable again. Tested old oryx backdoor....no luck which may/may not mean anything (probably not). Couldn't find any discrepancies with the way any of the applications looked. The delete option is definitely gone which means the draw is in process, going to be in process, or is complete. My 2 cents.

I am sure some people from the department are seeing these threads and laughing at all the hunting junkies! I was telling my buddy the other day about how I get more excited about the draw than I ever did about Xmas as a kid.

No doubt haha

>I am sure some people from
>the department are seeing these
>threads and laughing at all
>the hunting junkies! I was
>telling my buddy the other
>day about how I get
>more excited about the draw
>than I ever did about
>Xmas as a kid.

They might have finally outsmarted us, think the draw might be happening on a back end system this year, easiest way to take away all those back doors. Just my guess though... Hopefully results are still early, rio- can you make it happen this Friday? Thanks !

Highly doubtful....they were working on production systems during the day...that is straight up novice!!!

However, they should have had enough experience over the years to document and mitigate back doors. Not saying just saying...

JBone

On second thought (if G&F are trolling the boards), the last post meant to say that Gartner should be doing a best in class NM State Information Technology Report on Game & Fish.

JBone

Under review, some of my hunt codes are in numerical order and some of them aren't.

Even more interesting is that some that weren't in numerical order an hour ago, are now in numerical order..

Draw going on now maybe??

If you can not delete your APS one of two things is going down, the draw is getting ready to happen , or is already happening. I've said this since way early " relax , pray , and if you find a way to sneak a peak keep it to yourself" good luck everyone.

>They might have finally outsmarted us,
>think the draw might be
>happening on a back end
>system this year, easiest way
>to take away all those
>back doors. Just my guess
>though... Hopefully results are still
>early, rio- can you make
>it happen this Friday? Thanks
>!

I Actually agree here its very easy to put up a skeletal system that allows user interaction but acts a a false front. Thus effective closing all backdoor on the front end but running the draw on the back end side then uploading the results via an xml feed super simple we do it at work all the time here

Let me offer some insight, as i have a background in some of this stuff. The draw really only takes about 30 minutes (if that) to complete for all 160 thousand applications. Even if they're running a low end sql db and low end server infrastructure, if setup correctly it takes longer to brew a pot of coffee and wake up in the a.m. than it does to run through the entire draw process. For anyone that knows sql or databasing, 160,000 entries really isn't much. My guess as to the three week wait period (remember all harvest reports were due the 7th) is cross referencing successful applications with all of the rules and regs they must follow. I.e. revoked licenses, applications with multiple applicants where one didn't fill out harvest results, people who are on the child support revocation document etc, checking veteran status, going through military order papers as required by some hunts...etc. In all reality, 4 weeks wait time is pretty dang quick but i bet the draw is complete and they're finalizing results. Speaking from a very experienced I.t perspective, they either haven't pushed the the start button and are manually entering the above mentioned exclusions, or it's complete and they're going through the human element of finding out who didn't meet requirements before they post the results and allow the SMTP servers to start shipping out emails. That being said, I'm sure they laugh at all of us for a few days but it's probably not many.

As to the backdoor lock down issue, it's simply a security risk. If we can see draw results early, they have a potential vulnerability in their code, server or network which needs to be corrected since it houses all of our personal info. If we can see it, hackers can to. You might not think a game and fish server is a target, but think about all the info you must provide to apply...pretty much your life in a single screen. Locking down the backdoor/sneak peak stuff is actually good for us all. It makes the wait longer, and gives all of us the shakes, but I'd much rather wait another week than have my SSN, DOB, Address, DL# or anything else compromised. By locking down these areas, they sure up and secure their entire web front end and back end db's that hold your valuable personal info.

In any case, just thought I'd give this thread my $.02 being that i live in the I.T. world when not hunting or fishing.

Good luck to all of you. Hope apps are filled with lots of green!

You guys are killing me. I spent all morning trying to figure out why my choices are jumbled up, then realized they are in order of hunt date. I thought I actually drew something.

Does anyone remeber the relationship last year between when G&F said results would be official and the back-door "sneak peak" becoming visible, in terms of days? If results are offically due out the 27th this season, when would the back-door become "exposed" :) this week?...

Your truly,

An impatient elk hunter.

It was a week before, on a Thursday, I think. Doubt they let that slip again. Just wish I knew what RioHuntNutt knows!!!

>This last week is gonna be
>a killer!!!!! Riohuntnutt whatcha know?
>Lol

yea Rio- Just tell em you were tortured. What's the word?

Patience my good men patience....It will be here soon enough and then all the crying and complaining and threats and promises.....

Yeah I was doing good to now keep checking this to see if anyone finds a bookdoor! Only 9 Days Left to go it is going to be a LONG 9 DAYS!! Good luck everyone!!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-16 AT 05:57PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-16 AT 05:56?PM (MST)

The way to check in years past was to try and purchase a license. If you applied and chose the refund if no tag option, and you drew, the system would not let you check out with a license because you already had one. If you could add a license and get to checkout, you did not draw.

For what its worth, I chose the refund option when I applied and I can add a license, which if you go by last years back door method, would indicate I did not draw. That would make complete sense because after all these years of applying I have yet to draw anything in New Mexico....worst.luck.ever.

Probably need somebody with better luck than me to test......

I tried the same thing and can also buy a license. I put in for NR coues deer December hunts so my odds aren't too good to draw anyway. Hopefully that's not a reliable way to check like in years past.

Some folks on other boards report not being able to add a license but can't recall if they chose refund option or not when applying...so still nothing definitive.

I chose the refund option and cannot add a license to the grocery bucket. A glitch? I only applied for elk.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-16 AT 10:41PM (MST)[p]I did not request a refund, not sure why I didn't. .. In case you want to know how to find out if you requested a refund go to my purchases then click on view receipt next to license. It will say on the receipt.

>>What's it saying? You might be
>>in luck because it goes
>>right in my cart
>>and doesn't say anything or
>>give any errors.
>
>
>And I get a pop up
>that says this "YOUR ORDER
>INCLUDES CONFLICTING PRODUCT SELECTIONS:
>
>CONFLICTS WITH EXISTING PURCHASES
>Selected Product Purchased Product
>Game Hunting License Game Hunting License"
>

I would take that as a good sign

ok so where is the option to buy a deer tag? I'm seeing under that General hunts tab where you can buy, general hunt, fishing, trapping, turkey, and bear. But isn't there normally a deer tag under this tab???

I'm a NR and applied for very low draw odds (premium type tags) with the refund. It allows me to add a license to my cart, which for now would seem to indicate that I didn't draw. The last 4 years the backdoor has been 100% accurate for me. I drew 2 years and didn't draw the other 2.

"You sure you know how to skin grizz,
pilgrim?"

Deer tag options been gone for quite some time. The other two will be soon, well as soon as gf read this thread.

>ok so where is the option
>to buy a deer tag?
>I'm seeing under that General
>hunts tab where you can
>buy, general hunt, fishing, trapping,
>turkey, and bear. But isn't
>there normally a deer tag
>under this tab???

I manage the applications for a number of people and I am able to buy a license for all of them so it would appear our luck has finally run out - it was a good run. Good luck to everyone.

I accidently forgot to check the refund box so there is still hope for me but I applied for premium hunts so it would be a long shot.

I put in 11 guys for an average of 3 animals each. Some with 50% draw odds, and I could buy hunting licenses for ALL of them. Thinking it may not be working like last year?

Everyone relax, breath, the draw probably has not happened. My money is on tomorrow. The gf do have "techs" guys, they may have done it on a back page all on its own. It was bound to happen with all of the chatter of back doors. RELAX

> I put in 11 guys
>for an average of 3
>animals each. Some with 50%
>draw odds, and I could
>buy hunting licenses for ALL
>of them. Thinking it may
>not be working like last
>year?

>
>Everyone relax, breath, the draw probably
>has not happened. My money
>is on tomorrow. The gf
>do have "techs" guys, they
>may have done it on
>a back page all on
>its own. It was bound
>to happen with all of
>the chatter of back doors.
>RELAX
>
>
>
>
>> I put in 11 guys
>>for an average of 3
>>animals each. Some with 50%
>>draw odds, and I could
>>buy hunting licenses for ALL
>>of them. Thinking it may
>>not be working like last
>>year?
+1 wednesday

Just talked to a friend, he received a text from a friend saying he figured out a way in, and he drew an elk tag?? trying to get more info..

He probably thinks since his hunt choices are out of order (due to them being in order by hunt date)he drew

>Just talked to a friend, he
>received a text from a
>friend saying he figured out
>a way in, and he
>drew an elk tag?? trying
>to get more info..

Come on September! I have a deer and an elk tag! I can hardly wait to see if I drew any tags I put in for but, at the minimum I have a deer tag for unit 43 and an elk choice of 16-E or 51 unit wide. Thank you land owner tags!

>He is pulling your chain....WE HAVN'T
>RUN THE DRAW!!!!

Rio Hunt .. i was picking up on your posts with the insinuation that you had some type of inside info but this post might confirm that? WE have not run the draw? Safe to assume you work for Game and Fish ?

>Therefore would NEVER tell you that
>they had run the draw.
>;)

LMFAO! This is better than Monty Python. I am hooked on this thread not just to see if someone cracks the code, but to see what the next guy says.

part of the joy of "draw season" I have nearly as much fun watching these threads each year as I do continually checking my NMDGF page.

>Haha..You know what they say about
>assumptions...

yes , yes i do....... so its either your screwing with us , or you def are on the inside either way get on with it we are all ready to be heart broken ....

I have inside information, and just as an F.Y.I. the 1st draw takes place starting I believe today, maybe tomorrow, 1 species a day, just don't know what species is 1st and in what order. I have a very credible source.
Good Luck Guys!!!

Not sure if this has been gone for some time but under purchase licences all the choices such as private land elk, private land deer are gone. you cant attempt to buy to use the back door not sure this is new but i checked and they are goners they are pulled from the available list

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-16 AT 01:39PM (MST)[p]WRONG.....Draw is started and completed same day and not by species....Your application number is assigned a sequence number, then its spooled...Your source either is messin with you or just does not know how the draw is processed...out 273

>Not sure if this has been
>gone for some time but
>under purchase licences all the
>choices such as private land
>elk, private land deer
>are gone. you cant attempt
>to buy to use the
>back door not sure this
>is new but i checked
>and they are goners they
>are pulled from the available
>list

Private land deer has been unavail for some time. All other private land purchases are still avail.

Interesting nugget, when trying to buy an oryx tag for my wife, it says must buy a game hunting license. When I login and try to do the same, it does not give me that message. game hunting was purchased on both accounts. Perhaps I drew something and she did not???

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-16
>AT 01:39?PM (MST)

>
>WRONG.....Draw is started and completed same
>day and not by species....Your
>application number is assigned a
>sequence number, then its spooled...Your
>source either is messin with
>you or just does not
>know how the draw is
>processed...out 273

this is correct NM does not do a species specific draw . all apps no matter species are shuffled like a deck of cards then the draw commences

This is correct , I'd be telling my source some choice words hahahahaha

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-16
>AT 01:39?PM (MST)

>
>WRONG.....Draw is started and completed same
>day and not by species....Your
>application number is assigned a
>sequence number, then its spooled...Your
>source either is messin with
>you or just does not
>know how the draw is
>processed...out 273

You opted for a refund for your wife and not yourself.that's what happened.

>Interesting nugget, when trying to buy
>an oryx tag for my
>wife, it says must buy
>a game hunting license. When
>I login and try to
>do the same, it does
>not give me that message.
>game hunting was purchased on
>both accounts. Perhaps I drew
>something and she did not???
>

Rio since you have the know i fully understand how the draw work minus one thing. the sequence number . based on how the draw works one would assume that the sequence number is 1- how ever many apps were received ? is that correct or do they assign x amount of apps to a sequence number then run through all those apps first before moving to the second sequence Number? that is the only part i have never had full understanding of i would think its jsut assigned a number 1 - 160,000 then they start with # 1 and tat app gets is first choice and so on

AS NMPaul said:

"Almost as good as the application season is the "refund season".
I am ready for refund season."

I think I am going to take a new strategy this year and "pray and hope for refunds". Then I can be "disappointed" when I draw my tags with tough odds.

The thing that sounds hard to believe about there only being one list of numbers and the draw is not done species specific is this...last year I was lucky enough to draw one the bighorn ewe tags which obviously have very low odds of drawing. If done all at once, that would make me think I would have drawn most if not all of my 1st choices in all of my species if I was that high on the list. Can you explain how I would've been high enough in the list to get a bighorn tag but not a deer tag with 30-40% draw odds for example?

just like most politicians or political appointees they most likey have no clue what's going on but they tell us how we are going to play...

Right out of the regs: It's done by application not applicant

"All drawing applications are shuffled like a deck of cards and randomly assigned a sequence number. A computer program then examines applications in order according to the sequence number assigned. When an application is examined, the computer attempts to fulfill the first hunt choice, subject to the quotas described above. If the first hunt choice is already filled, the computer will try to assign the second choice to that application and then the third choice."

>The thing that sounds hard to
>believe about there only being
>one list of numbers and
>the draw is not done
>species specific is this...last year
>I was lucky enough to
>draw one the bighorn ewe
>tags which obviously have very
>low odds of drawing.
>If done all at once,
>that would make me think
>I would have drawn most
>if not all of my
>1st choices in all of
>my species if I was
>that high on the list.
> Can you explain how
>I would've been high enough
>in the list to get
>a bighorn tag but not
>a deer tag with 30-40%
>draw odds for example?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-16 AT 02:21PM (MST)[p]Yes bobby 1-160,000....and I believe there are approx 65,000 tags.With this , thats why it betters your odds to use all 3 hunt choices...

You are correct in that the Game Commission does not know when the draw is run and if your friend is a commissioner and told you draw 1 or what ever it was you said was done and by species , THEN WITH 100 % CERTAINTY THEY DON'T KNOW HOW THE DRAW IS PROCESSED...

I'm no rocket scientist, but what's so hard to figure out about hunt choices on your apps? They're sorted by date (earliest first) and if dates are the same, by hunt code... nothing is happening yet.

Entertaining tho!

>And application IS species specific.

Yes but each application is a unique number. So computer pulls it, bumps it up against the database based on the hunt codes. Species is irrelevant at that point.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-16 AT 02:28PM (MST)[p]Lt its ap specific not applicant. You have a different ap number for evert species you apply for. Your deer ap for example could have Been #160000 of 160000

>one list of numbers and
>the draw is not done
>I was lucky enough to
>low odds of drawing.
>If done all at once,
>I would have drawn most
>if not all of my
>1st choices in all of
>my species if I was
>that high on the list.
> Can you explain how
>in the list to get
>a bighorn tag but not
>a deer tag with 30-40%
>draw odds for example?

>You are correct in that the
>Game Commission does not know
>when the draw is run
>and if your friend is
>a commissioner and told you
>draw 1 or what ever
>it was you said was
>done and by species ,
>THEN WITH 100 % CERTAINTY
>THEY DON'T KNOW HOW THE
>DRAW IS PROCESSED...

Whatever you say Rio, whatever you say. You obviously are "THE ONE DOING THE DRAW" You guys can believe what you wish, as will I, I just tend to believe the person that signs all of our licences.....

>one list of numbers and
>the draw is not done
>I was lucky enough to
>low odds of drawing.
>If done all at once,
>I would have drawn most
>if not all of my
>1st choices in all of
>my species if I was
>that high on the list.
> Can you explain how
>in the list to get
>a bighorn tag but not
>a deer tag with 30-40%
>draw odds for example?

as 5 year said each app is treated as a card each app is assigned its own sequnence number not all of your apps are one number

So, My guess will be that this Friday at or near 4:00, results will be posted. This allows for a weekend for everybody to cool off before Game and Fish gets flooded with menacing phone calls. Smart move.

Looks like they have their back doors pretty tightly guarded this year.

>>You are correct in that the
>>Game Commission does not know
>>when the draw is run
>>and if your friend is
>>a commissioner and told you
>>draw 1 or what ever
>>it was you said was
>>done and by species ,
>>THEN WITH 100 % CERTAINTY
>>THEY DON'T KNOW HOW THE
>>DRAW IS PROCESSED...
>
>
>Whatever you say Rio, whatever you
>say. You obviously are "THE
>ONE DOING THE DRAW" You
>guys can believe what you
>wish, as will I, I
>just tend to believe the
>person that signs all of
>our licences.....

based on your post your information is wrong . Go to the game and fish website. it tell you how the draw works it is not species by species as your are thinking its applications for all species mixed together

I agree. Based on all the back doors we troubleshot for them the last few years, I think they will have it shut. I think they will either remove the backdoor links when the draw is started or they will do it on a completely different system.

>
>Looks like they have their back
>doors pretty tightly guarded this
>year.

Rio is tomorrow the Day? stop jacking us around already and spill it i know you have the inside scoop but ##### your killing us so many think its done already set it straight i say tomorrow they take system offline and run it that is my guess

>I agree. Based on all
>the back doors we troubleshot
>for them the last few
>years, I think they will
>have it shut. I
>think they will either remove
>the backdoor links when the
>draw is started or they
>will do it on a
>completely different system.
>
>
>>
>>Looks like they have their back
>>doors pretty tightly guarded this
>>year.

I would fill you guys in on what the word in the department is regarding the "backdoor" situation, but, It would obviously be wrong to all of you guys, since it came from The Commission. But by all means, please keep trying and keep posting about your trials and tribulations, and hopefully successes, I need something to do and entertain me until next Wednesday!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom