South Cache Bull

R

rpleish

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-08 AT 10:06AM (MST)[p]This is the bull that my brother took opening day. He came in at 4:00 in the after noon with 6 other bulls. We had to strip the velvet, so was wondering if anyone knows how to stain the antlers? Also I obviously need help uploading the pis. Thanks
48a99dcf451e9709.jpg

Great bull....but my one comment is this...come on DWR move the bowhunt back a bit this bull didn't even have time to rub the velvet off....congrads though

What a great bull. But why did you strip the velvet???? That would have been one gorgeous and rare mount. Good luck getting them stained up nice.

The velvet on the far side was trashed, and the taxi said we would be better off striping it. We were pretty disappointed to.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-08 AT 04:46PM (MST)[p]you need to come out and see him with his velvet off he is a stud. Is this Hudson, or Benji? Without you two we would be screwed. We couldn't have gotten it done without you guys. Thanks again.

Your taxidermist should know how to stain the antlers. I believe there is also artificial velvet available. That would be even better, IMO. Congrats on a great bull!

Eel

That is a giant bull! Congrats! Too bad they had to strip the velvet! I saw a bunch of bulls this year still in the velvet and one frisky 5 point who was all wallowed up and muddy from head to toe with no velvet. He replaced it with mud! He was pushin a herd of 25 cows! Too bad for him the big boys are on the way to kick him out of the herd!

I would love to hear the story behind the hunt! Please share more! That is a gorgeous bull!

Chad

Dont look like theres enough cape left to do a shoulder mount.
maybe im wrong. looks short though.
48a9c86f4e0036c6.jpg

Great looking Bull elk

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

this is hudson, i will be out soon, lets go flip some more arrows soon. and you are more than welcome, thats all part of the game. i love helping my fellow hunters!!

Fruit punch Koolaid, Bob. That's what I would use. Good looking bull! Luck always seems to be on his side.

yeah first his whitetail, now the elk. He put some serious time in for the elk though. Who is this?

Nice bull. I definitely would've been stopping by a few different taxi's and found one who was willing do what was needed to preserve the velvet. It could've been easily stripped and stained later if it didn't take...

Hey Bob. Yeah I'm working, supposed to be anyways. You know how it is. We went and seen it on Sunday just after he removed the velvet. Nice bull, I'd be excited.

Yeah Curtis is was sweet, we found a six by spike that I am going to try and kill.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom