SPOT and DeLorme

Rocketeer

Does anyone have experience with the SPOT emergency locator and associated GPS, DeLorme PN60W? I'm thinking about picking the set up to carry with for this year's wilderness hunt...

I don't know much about the combo but I have seen several articles on the Spot locator and it seems to work well for emergency situations when used correctly. Which what I've read is that there are to many people who use it in a bad way meaning they are not experienced in traveling into the back country but figure that they can go in further then they should because now they have a 911 rescue to get their ass out of a bind..... That being said I use PN-40 which was the best model when purchased 3 years ago and I love it... Easy to use reliable and not to mention the mapping software from Delorme is some of the best. I bought aerial views of the whole state of Colorado and it sure makes it nice to know what kind of terrain you'll be in. Also transferring info from the GPS back to your computer is very easy.. I tried a garmin for 3 years before and didn't like it near as much.....

Hope this helps.

I have the SPOT and Delmore set up and it works great as far as I can tell. I have not needed for an emergency, knock on wood, but the GPS part works really good.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom