Spot X

Wyo_Roadhunter

Figured I'd leave a review on the Spot X. At 1st I thought it was really cool and nice that you could send and receive messages which is nice but after sending and receiving 1 message it had used half the battery. Another thing I didn't like is there isn't a option to use AA or recharge. It's all recharge. On my mountain goat hunt I tried to send a message to home saying I had gotten my goat and would let them know when we had him all packed up and ready to walk out. As soon as i sent the message it froze up completely, couldn't shut it off, couldn't hard reset it or anything. It wasn't until the next day when I got home it finally reset and when I looked from when I sent the message it never tracked or anything. Same thing happened the other day while I was out on the desert so I decided to cancel and let them know why. Never heard anything back. Definitely will be switching to the garmin this next season.

Went the cheaper route and got one of these as well. Always spotty and took for ever to send out messages. Ended up breaking the screen and customer service was like talking to a cantaloupe but finally got a deal on a replacement. The replacement was even more garbage than the first. Bought a Garmin 67i this year and couldn’t be happier. Does everything I needed it to and probably things I will never figure out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom