Squash and Zucchini

Servehim

Very Active Member
Hey Blank and anyone else that watches this thread. I've got veggies running us out of the place and giving lots to neighbors but I'm looking, for ideas . Wife is tired of teriyaki chicken with the yellow squash and zucchini. Love any input from you guys on creative recipes for our over flow.

We grill them. Cut lengthwise about 1/4 to 1/2 inch, thick put a little olive oil on them and season with salt and pepper then grill a few minutes on each side until they get soft.

We like them all sorts of ways. Sliced lengthwise and grilled. Slice into coins and sautéed/fried. Cut in half long ways and hollow out into boats and fill with marinara sauce and mozzarella/Parmesan and top with Panko crumbs. Fill with chicken pot fie filling and bake.

Zucchini.
1. Scoop out the middle, cut up like a hash browns, and cook just like hash browns.
2. Scoop out the middle, add cooks breakfast sausage or your other favorite breakfast meat, pour in some eggs, top with cheese. Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes or so
3. Cut into slices and use as pizza dough. Add your favorite pizza toppings. Bake in oven.
4. Lasagna. Use sliced zucchini in place of noodles.

Zucchini.
1. Scoop out the middle, cut up like a hash browns, and cook just like hash browns.
2. Scoop out the middle, add cooks breakfast sausage or your other favorite breakfast meat, pour in some eggs, top with cheese. Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes or so
3. Cut into slices and use as pizza dough. Add your favorite pizza toppings. Bake in oven.
4. Lasagna. Use sliced zucchini in place of noodles.
We are eating Zucchine Lasagna. It's good if the sauce is great.

We are eating Zucchine Lasagna. It's good if the sauce is great.
My mom made a great meaty spaghetti sauce. When I was a kid she would make eggplant Parmesan. I would always tell her it was a waste of great spaghetti sauce and mozzarella.

One of things that I think helps is to cut out the seeds and center pith. Using the meatier outer shell allows them to be firmer and not mushy. I sometimes substitute them in for bell peppers with fajitas.

We like them lots of different ways also. Cut length wise and put on the grill with olive oil, salt and pepper.
I like baked Parmesan squash, slice 1/4 inch thick, olive oil, salt, pepper and grated Parmesan cheese on top. On a baking sheet in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the cheese starts turning brown. You could do these on the grill with aluminum foil.
My mother always did fried squash in a skillet. Sliced, covered with cornmeal and fried.

Plants are producing overtime! Hollowed out squash, stuffed with ground beef, marinara, Parmesan. Then covered with mozzarella and baked. As long as the oven was going, home made bread sticks.

IMG_4814.jpeg

IMG_4815.jpeg

I tried it today, a big hit with the family. Had a huge Zucchini, cut it in half, scooped out inside , garlic salt then added leftover spaghetti sauce topped with a sharp white cheddar . Cooked 40 minutes at 350 ... amazing. Thanks for the suggestion guys.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom