Stainless Sidelock?

badlander

I have an older TC Firehawk, and an Encore 209 x .50 both of course in-lines but I am considering a Colorado muzz hunt and I need something that will shoot conicals well, and as is well documented here - these don't really do it, and I am not happy with the types of groups that powerbelts produce.

Since I am looking at a 3rd muzz, I would like to get a side lock - specifically one that will take a green mountain barrel to use there or if I ever chose to take it to a "sidelock only" state. I would like this gun to be stainless if I can find that.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably easy to get ahold of stainless sidelock that can either take a GM barrel or comes with one already installed?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I think it was T/C that made a sidelock stainless,I think it was called the Grey Hawk ? I am not sure though?
You might look on GUNBROKER .They may be very hard to find.

>I think it was T/C that
>made a sidelock stainless,I
>think it was called the
>Grey Hawk ?

Firestorm.

(scroll down to the firestorm section)http://www.tjgeneralstore.com/thompson.htm

Has pretty much every improvement an inline has except for a swinging hammer. 150grns powder, scope mounts or fiber optic sights, designed to ignite pyro pellets, fast twist sabot barrel etc etc.

Its a big "FxxK YOU" statement to the states banning inlines for obscure innane reasons. :)

-DallanC

OK, I like that fire storm, but does it have the hook breech system so I could replace that TC barrel with the QLA? Thats the problem I have with my Pro Hunter and it doesn't shoot conicals well.

How about the Lyman, does it have the hook breech?

yes the lyman has a hooked breech. You're kind of limited on caliber sized barrels with a 15/16's barrel channel. I just bought a .54 lyman great plains and may possibly file the barrel channel to fit a GM 1" .58cal barrel.

Green Mountain no longer makes a stainless LRH barrel. If you have a SS, LRH why not just put it on a hawken or a Renegade? As long as the barrel is SS the lock doesn't matter. Here is what one of mine looks like. It is a Renegade with a GM, SS, LRH barrel. Ron
2250Far_speaker.jpg

I do not have a SS LRH Barrel, and I caught that they no longer make one in one of your posts after I posted this?

So I am still looking, I like the Lyman gun, but I want the longer barrel with twist for the conicals.

I like the stainless a lot. You might just keep your eye open for a GM barrel. You never know when one will come up for sale. I got the last 1" barrel to leave the factory they told me. You might call them to see if they have a 15/16. When I got my last barrel I heard they were out. I called and got one so you never know. Ron

Is there any issue long term with the dis-similar metals of the blued lock contacting the SS barrel?

I know installing SS piping in contact with standard steel piping - say a threaded connection is a no-no that causes the metal to rot out? I'd hate to shoot it with the breech rotted out in 5 years or so?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom