Stallion Oryx Tag

stretch

I got lucky and drew an oryx tag for the Stallion range for Sep 13-15. If anyone has any info or advice they would like to share I would appreciate it.

Take lots of water and don't leave the truck without taking some with you.
Damn near killed over a few years back on my cousins hunt. Seen Oryx , jumped out the truck thinking a few hundred yards. Well Oryx kept moving. By the time we realized we were about a mile away from the truck. 100 deg and no water is no bueno. Good luck, should be fun

Congrats on the tag. General idea is that this is more like an antelope hunt, cover ground (mostly in vehicle) and glass. It will be hot in September, so be prepared. Search the MM archives for lot's of good oryx info.

Good luck,
JR

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom