Strange things happening 2

ForkWest

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-15 AT 01:36PM (MST)[p]Second edition from necali's campfire post.

So here?s mine. This happened 3 years ago. To this day we still can't explain it. Can you?

We?re 6 miles in the Wyoming backcountry, it's was mid-week on the last week of the hunt. The only people we saw were two spandex yuppies and their golden retriever. We watched them through our glass while they hiked up the only established trail, about 3/4 mile away. They had no idea we were anywhere in the vicinity. They were just passing through and were long gone before any of this happened. Other than that there was no one around. And, we were the only rig at the trailhead, just to establish how lonely this area is.

1000dscn2315.jpg

My buddy had killed this buck about 4pm in the afternoon. (By the way, this picture was taken about 30 yards from where this all happened.) By the time we had taken the horses over, boned it out and made it back to camp it was about 11pm. We tied the horses and dropped the meat bags on the opposite side of the tree we had tied the horses. The meat was very close to the head end of one of the horses, 10ft or less. With the way the trees were lined out there was no risk of the horse stepping on the meat during the night. It was midnight by the time we'd gotten everything settled and in the tent to sleep.

1865mysterylayout.jpg

At first light we were up, about 5:45am. We noticed immediately that one of the meat bags had been moved and the meat was gone!

When boning out the night before, we had put the meat in new thin white garbage bags then into those cloth mesh Alaskan game bags. In the morning all the bags were fine, except the bag that had the backstraps and tenderloins. It had been moved about 20ft. The garbage bag had been taken out of the cloth bag and both backstraps and both tenderloins were gone. Really gone. We canvased the area all around our camp, nothing.

Here?s what we find most perplexing. There wasn?t a mark on either the garbage bag or game bag, I mean not a single scratch. The garbage bag had been completely removed from the game bag. There were no chew marks, no teeth or claw marks, no drag marks. Other than a little residual blood, the bags were completely pristine. There was also no drag marks from the meat being drug from the area of the bags.

I should also add, the horses didn't make one sound that night. No stomping, no snorting, no whinnying. Even if a deer passes through at night 100yards out, they make some sort of indication. Nothing this night, and we're both pretty light sleepers.

Bear? No way, the horses would have had an absolute freak out.

Small mammal/prey bird? Too much meat.

Coyote? How would a coyote remove the garbage bag from the game bag, then remove the meat without so much as leaving a single mark on either bag. You know how sticky meat is in a garbage bag. A coyote would really have to bite and claw at the bag to get the meat out. Then to haul off two full length back straps without dragging them in the dirt?

What do you think?

Crazy story forky, are you SURE that meat go put in the bag? A lot of times I'll set it on a rock or on tree in the shade. Maybe the tree huggers like TL?

1000% sure. The garbage bag still had blood in them from the meat. We both went over it a hundred times in our head. We remember distinct details about putting the meat in the bags, which horse carried that bag and all 5 bags unloaded and separated to cool for the night.

Just your buddies backstrap and tenderloin missing?........did your buddy ever personally check your pack?

Just sayin.:)

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Im not a bigfoot believer however there are some things that just cant be explained. Side note...NICE BUCK!
"I'll see you all this coming fall in the Big Rock Candy Mountains!"

Crazy! It had to have been a human. Probably some crazy mountain man living up there hiding out from some past law problems or something.

Or it was Bigfoot.

When SPANDEX Wearing PETA Hippies Get Hungry they like to eat too!

Which Meat did you Expect them to Take/Eat?

So You Put the Meat in Plastic Bags before it was cooled clear out?

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

I'm freaked out just reading about it.

I would say that it was definitely a human. I mean, I guess Bigfoot might have done it, but if we're talking with some sense, it had to be a person.

And that might be even creepier than Bigfoot. Let's face it, whomever it was snuck into your camp, made nice with the horses, quietly got into the meat, and left without waking you guys or leaving a trace..?? Scary stuff man. He was probably watching you guys from the moment you shot the buck. He waited around until he knew you were asleep and snuck in under your noses to take the meat. He probably watched you guys until you left even.

How fast did you guys book it out of there..?? LOL I'd have had my gun loaded and the horses trottin out the whole way I think... :-D

Also, stud buck.!!

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Rage, that's kinda where we ended up after a whole lot of thinking and talking. The one thing that still doesn't make sense, if it really was human, why didn't they just get in, get out and take the whole dang bag with them? I mean, if you're going to steal meat, why not steal the clean bag that its already in?

We did leave that morning!

ET likes a bit of venison every now and then I guess. Feel lucky he just wanted the back straps and not any type of alien probing.

Very strange, but if it was a human I believe they would have taken the whole bag with them to destinations unknown, not empty the bags and carry the meat. I believe it was a critter.

Occasionally, if I'm tired enough, I won't notice someone playing with my meat. Sometimes I mind and other times it's nice. Generally I have a enough meat to go around and satisfy those wanting to sample it. Although your situation give me pause, I'm hard up to present any alternative ideas to your mysterious meat bag.

A raccoon is capable of doing everything described here.I.just.don't know if raccoons are big meat eaters.I had a friend who had a raccoon for a pet for a while. Neat little critters, but darn near impossible to keep in a cage.

After looking it up,I find the Raccoons to be true Omnivores,who will eat anything that comes along that suits their fancy.

>Fork West,
>
>You didn't happen to see guy
>on a buffalo up there
>did you?.......

Is he not the goofiest guy on the internet? Mystery solved!

I know a guy who shot a spike bull and kept having to retrieve the head while dressing it out. He finally caught a badger dragging it off. I'b bet there are critters up there who could pull that off. Creepy though.

id say it was the last tribe of dog solders! of course they wouldve stole your horses too and probably tried to scalp ya!
crazy story!

"Shoot Straight"

My guess is a smallish critter like racoon. There's no way you would have slept through it if it was a bear or cat. The horses would have woke you up no matter how tired you were. A human would have taken the whole bag.

Brad

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom